𝑀𝒶𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓁 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 - 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎'𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝑒𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 - ♠︎

Synopsis: The family was too far gone to be fixed, gone like a smashed vase. So Y/N decided to disappear much like their uncle had years ago, except this time they wouldn't be back.

Au: Mirabel dies after the Casita falls.

Tw// mentions of death,

Part two to "Good enough?"

Pronouns:
Y/N: They/Them

Because you guys wanted this: here you go!!
——————————

In their room with no comfort, and no one around to care Y/N felt alone - an outsider in the family. The Madrigal child had held their breath, trying to see if everything was a big dream that had lasted too long.

But it wasn't.

Life wasn't a dream, life was a burden and even worse when in a family where you're expected to be "perfect". In a family where one child gone was simply a rock in the road.

    Y/N had enough, they couldn't live another day in the house where their cousin died. Where their grandma didn't even care. Where they were pressured.

    Y/N's gift had been being able to create copy's of people and Abuela had forced them to create copy's of some of the townspeople to make their jobs easier, not caring how bad it affected Y/N. The downside to their gift was the fact Y/N could see everything their copy's saw, so half the time their vision was spliced like a bunch of different screens and they were barely able to see what they actually in front of.

    Y/N had tried explaining it to Abuela and trying to limit the amount of copy's she made them make but she didn't listen - she didn't care. And that was the Alma Madrigal they were afraid of, that they hated.

    They started to pack a bag, trying to be a quiet as they could do Dolores wouldn't hear. They heard Pepa and Abuela fighting with Félix and Camilo trying to calm them as Dolores distracted Antonio.
    "You keep your child in check! I did not raise you perfectly just for Y/N to lash out at me!"
    "Mamá, I'm sorry for Y/N. But you were talking about Mirabel in a way any of us should've argued against but none of us were able to!"
    "So you're defending Y/N?"
    "Yes! You hit them! And spoke bad about their cousin!"

    Their bickering continued and Y/N had finished packing once they heard loud thunder. They feared a hurricane so they peeked out their door and saw their mother crying on the stairs with the rest of her side of the family surrounding and comforting her, everyone except Y/N.

    Y/N bit their cheek and closed their door shut once more. They got a piece of paper and a pen and began writing.

    I'm sorry to those who care and will miss me, i will not be here anymore. No I will not be dead but I'm running away. I'll leave a copy of myself here so I can see you all as you grow and learn without me but I cannot take it. Please understand and do not hate me. I love you all but I can't be here without Mirabel.
-with love,
Your favorite cousin/(neice)(nephew)/child Y/N.

    They placed the letter on their bed and made a copy of themself they winced as their vision split. They got the bag and went out the window, waving Casita bye as they'd never be able to give anyone else a proper goodbye.

    They entered the forest around the Encanto and ventured through it, not saying a word in fear of Dolores hearing them.  They got wood for a fire and made sure it was dry before they lit it with the matches they stole from the kitchen.

    The warmth from the fire was comforting and reminiscent of a hug from Pepa or Camilo... or Mirabel. And the thought of Mirabel made Y/N break, silent tears escaped their eyes as they now tried focusing on their copy.

    When they make a copy of themself they're able to control it like a doll of sorts. They opened their room door and stepped out, immediately being embraced by their family and they needed that.
    "I miss Mirabel..." they made their copy say.
    "I know, Y/N. I'm sorry," Pepa said as she hugged Y/N tighter and coddled them. Y/N just let it happen, Félix joined in with just as much force and it was the most comforting thing.

    But it wasn't right - not in Y/N's heart. They felt bad about having their parents hug a copy but they couldn't go back - they wouldn't.

    No more clouds were in the sky and Y/N half wanted to just get rid of the note and leave their clone there as a fake version of themself but the family needed to know, they needed to understand them.

    "I'm sorry mi familia." They muttered barely audible. They continued being heated by the fire and cried as they watched their loving family through the eyes of someone who wasn't exactly them.

—————————

Not proofread

This is ass 😍😍😍
But what you guys get so enjoy 😋😋