Manfred and Sidney

Y/n's POV:

I rested my leg on the ground as the mammoth gave me the wet cloth to clean my bleeding knee. Here's what happened,

While I was in shock after hearing a voice come from a mammoth, I stupidly fell from the high rock I was standing on. Trying not to make the fall increasingly worse, I tried to land on my feet, but obviously I'm not a cat, so I ended up getting my right leg hurt. I landed making a bleeding scar on my knee and my leg in complete and utter pain, It hurt so much when I decided to move it.

The mammoth seemed to be in shock as well, and without any words, he dragged me to the nearest pond, wrapping his trunk around my waist. It was pretty awkward, but given the situation, I decided to focus on relieving the pain and getting back up. I grabbed some white cloth's that were in my bag, and put them beside me on the ground. The mammoth grabbed one and dipped it in the water and gave it back to me.

I took it without hesitation and started cleaning the blood on my knee, wincing whenever I touched a spot that hurt. I was too focused on my injury that I didn't notice the mammoth trying to figure out what was going on.

3rd person POV:

The mammoth stood there awkwardly. He was pretty sure he just heard and saw a human speak. He was just heading his way to north when he heard someone shouting like a maniac, he looked up to a high rock and saw a shadow due to the sun not letting him clearly see who it was.

""Excuse me! Can you stop shouting like a lunatic?" He shouted to the being on top of the rock. The figure turned to him, and he stared back in shock. It was a human?!? The human ended up getting herself injured, and since he knew he was a bit at fault, he decided to help her.

Why was he helping her though? He could have just left her there to deal with it on her own. Y/n would have probably wanted that actually, being the prideful independent human she is. But the mammoth knew he would be no better than the selfish beings who make life more like hell.

He took her to the nearest pond and helped her clean her wounds, it was obvious she wasn't going to be able to stand due to her tremendous fall. Seeing her focused on her injury, he decided to confirm what just happened and if he was just hallucinating, which was a very low possibility.

"How's your knee?" He asked. She flinched, and her thoughts were confirmed. "He was the voice who shouted at her" she looked up to him in surprise. "I-it's, it's better..." "Why the heck did I stutter?!? I'm probably still in shock" she cursed herself for sounding weak to the situation. "That's, that's good" the mammoth responded.

"I'm talking to a human/mammoth..." is what they both thought to themselves.

"Does this mean I'm able to understand all the animals in this world?" Y/n thought. She finished wrapping her knee in the unstained white cloth and looked up at the mammoth. The mammoth decided to speak first, "So, you can talk."

"Well, yes, don't all humans talk?" Y/n asked, thinking she was stating the obvious. "The ones that I know don't, they only speak through action." His voice lowered a bit at the last comment. Y/n thought for a moment, "then that means I'll only be able to communicate with animals in this place?"

Then a thought went into her mind, "wait, what am I wearing again? Why didn't I put that into thought before? And why does my body actually feel a more smaller than before?" She quickly dragged herself to the pond to look at her reflection. The mammoth just stared in confusion, "uhm..." was all he could say.

Y/n looked at her attire in the reflection of the water.

She was wearing prehistoric winter clothing, and her clip was still in her hair (remember the butterfly still isn't there until later) but the thing that stood out to her the most was her face, she looked so much younger.... "I look like I'm 16! What the heck?!?" "I probably am 16, the age when..." Her thought s drifted to her past, she then shook her head to lose those memories. "No! Everything is different now, you may be around the same age, but your not there!"