S U M M O N E D

HEYO-

Woop Woop. This chapter is way longer than its original. Still the same path, though. No extreme changes. (Am I lying?)

Without further adieu, I present to you...

S U M M O N E D

lucille granger

During our first dinner back at Hogwarts, I've received nothing but bickering from Draco. Sure, he hardly spoke at the dinner table. But anytime I tried to input conversation, he always found a way to shut me down.

"All I'm asking at this point, Draco, is some respect," I snapped. I spoke over the voices around us as Lorenzo and Onyx's attention diverted onto us. Blaise was too busy stuffing his mouth with lamb chops.

"With an outfit like that, you think I should respect you?" Draco sneered.

"Outfit like this? You mean my school uniform, idiot?" I retorted.

"You dress like a slut, Lucille."

"What is your problem? You've been rude as a child, Draco, but you've been such a dick since we got here," I asked.

"Short skirts and thigh-high socks make him so angry," Lorenzo spoke with sarcasm. "I apologize on his behalf, Lucille. He can't control himself—"

"Shut up," Draco told Lorenzo. "You all just love budging in a two-person conversation."He got up from his chair and stomped away.

Lorenzo, Onyx, Blaise, and I looked at each other with confusion plastered on our faces.

"Bloody hell, is the git okay?" Blaise queried with a mouth full of basmati rice. "Why'd he just leave like that?"

"He hates my fucking guts," I huff, aggressively stabbing my stringed beans. Realizing my choice of vocabulary, I pause for reflection before continuing to eat. I can feel Onyx's eyes on me.

"Babe," Onyx spoke softly, "I know he's always been... an asshole. But I heard from the grapevine he and his Daddy have been going through problems. Not that I am justifying his horrible actions—"

"I mean— I get it. People go through family conflicts all the time," I replied, "But why of all people is he blowing his steam off on me?"

Onyx shrugged. "Spoiled little brat, I suppose. Likes to pick on people he thinks are smaller than him."

"It's annoying," I stated. I glanced at Lorenzo when his eyes were already on me. "Can you tell him to chill out? He'll only listen to you."

"I mean, I could try. He's been pretty moody with me, too," Lorenzo huffed. "I do notice he's been nitpicking at you more frequently, though."

"Bloody hell, and none of you say anything?" I beckoned. Annoying as hell!

"I'd rather not step on his stupid feet," Blaise wiped his mouth to rid the grease. "He's such a baby."

"And we still let him hang with us because...?"

"He's not always a dick," Lorenzo replied. "Draco just needs to work on himself. There is room for improvement."

I shake my head in disappointment. "You guys deserve better. Hell, I deserve better. How am I supposed to just sit here and let him—." I run out of words to even defend myself, solely because there is no point.

Lorenzo, Blaise, and Onyx will still be his friends. I can't afford to lose three of them in an attempt to lose one. Instead of trying to convince them, I bit my tongue and kept quiet.