Oblivious

Johns Pov-

Today was the day, the day I've been preparing for. I had the ring ready in a red velvet box, and the piece of paper that held the words that I desperately wanted to know the answer to. Sherlock had been called to a case, and I had been left alone for some 'private time'. There was no time to waste. Lifting his laptop lid, I placed a simply white piece of paper in between the two sides, the piece of paper that held my future in two words 'marry me'. The nerves were killing me, but me and Sherlock had been together for years, and I felt confident the answer would be 'Yes'.

3rd Person

Sherlocks view on marriage could be anything from amazing to a waste of time, but Sherlock was a sucker for John, and it was almost definite that the answer would be yes- but Sherlock for definite would never of thought John would pop the question. Slamming the door, Sherlock raced into the flat of 221B, quickly to resign to his seat. " John bring my my laptop" He ran his long fingers over his curly hair, ruffling it up. John could feel the nerves choking him as he slowly handed Sherlock his laptop. He quickly opened the lid, watching as the piece of paper fell to the floor.

Johns Pov-

His face showed no emotion, he simply looked up at me and said " John have you and Mary been dating behind my back? Why would you want to marry her when we are dating?". Really? My face must of been one of disbelief. " No Sherlock I have not been dating Mary!" I exclaimed, why is he not getting this!

"Then this paper is out of date and should be three away immediately" Sherlock crumpled the piece of paper up, aiming it at the bin. Has he actually just done that? Well that certainly did not go as planned... Time to replan.

Sherlocks Pov-

Working at a case was hard, everyone knew about me and John and they were giving John knowing glances. I have no idea what's going on, but I know that this isn't important with the case. Walking towards the office, I noticed everyone was cooped up in a room...strange. I felt the room go silence when me and John walked in. John turned round to me, grabbing hold of my hands in his, warming my hands. Wait it almost seemed like we were in the centre of the room.... I felt something cool being placed in my hands. I looked down to see a simple silver ring in my hands. It was obviously expensive.

I looked back up at John to see a look of expectancy. Wait am I meant to be holding this ring? " John you have seemed to have misplaced your ring" I put it back in his hands. I saw a look of annoyance and frustration come across Johns face. Wait what is going on? He turned around to look at Greg, a look of desperation spread across his face. I saw Greg mouth something to John. He turned round to face me again, he swiftly took my face between in his warm hands. " Sherlock Holmes you may be the smartest man I know, but you are so oblivious" I looked around the room to see people looking at me with small grins on their face. What? I looked into johns eyes and could only be able to say " What is going on John". He groaned and shushed me. " Marry me" he ground out. He let go of my face and stepped back, waiting for me.... Oh... OH. Oh my god John wants me to marry him. I could feel my face begin to heat up and I placed my hands on my cheeks, feelings the hotness. He smiled as he saw the realisation dawn on me. I looked around and saw everyone everyone laugh at my shocked expression. I could feel tears of happiness welling up in my eyes and I nodded at John, wrapping my arms around his waist and leant down to nuzzle my head into his neck. I could hear the claps and cheers from everyone in the room.

Johns Pov-

He said yes! It took him a while but he said yes! I felt Greg come round to congratulate us " You've done well John" He patted me on the back, knowing Sherlock wouldn't move for him to hug me. I could feel his warm breath fanning out against my neck. After the small gathering me and my fiancé went back to the flat to talk about the wedding.

" I can't believe you want to marry me" Sherlock murmured, he hugged me again, bringing me into his chest. " I love you" He whispered, leading me to the bedroom.