Blame | pt 2 |

Walking into the office the next day was hard for Sherlock, he held John's hand tight and tried to ignore the people who had hurt him look at his bandaged wrist.
The looks he got were sympathetic, even Sally had a guilty look on her face. I tried not to show any weakness; they don't deserve to see me at my lowest point.
Last night John and I had talked about the incident- he made me see light on the situation and realise it was for certain not my fault. I was called in to sign the case as closed, I didn't want to, but in the state I was in last night I was happy to get out the house for a day. I didn't know I would have to be anywhere near these people.
I held my head up high, not giving people the chance to look me in the eye; the room was silent and I was grasping John's hand, holding on for dear life. We walked into Greg's office, the office that I had been so close to breaking apart in the day before.
Lestrade tried to pat me on the back, a sign of being apologetic but I shrugged him off, watching his face fall and a look of regret fall over his face. I picked up a pen wordlessly and used my only good hand to sign it, the only sound in the room being the pen on paper. John squeezed my hand as a sign of comfort.
I tried not to, I really did, but as soon as I turned around I heard everything Lestrade had said to me. 'Freak'. 'Heartless'. I let go of John's hand and clenched my fist, gritting my teeth. Lestrade's face was one of remorse. At least I think it was because as soon as I saw the emotion I had pulled my fist back, and slammed it into his face. Pain shooting through my fist as it collided with his face.
He groaned in pain as he clutched his now bloody nose, I felt John slip his hand back in mine and I kept my gaze on Lestrade. " I am willing to forgive you, but please remember that i am not a heartless bastard, and I am certainly not a 'freak' and if I hear those words come from your mouth again, I will never solve another crime for your shit team" I growled out. " I understand that Sally says is" I felt sally turn round to look at the scene " But I regard you as a friend, and those words coming from you is hurtful and quite frankly fucking rude" I spat out, I felt John laugh at my swearing.
I turned round to all the staff on the team. Looking directly at Sally. " I do hope Anderson knows you slept with your 'Ex' last night, and I hope you know Anderson was not working on a case last night- he was with his wife, again" I smirked. They do say revenge is wrong but it feels amazing. I could see agitation pulse in her eyes as she looked at Anderson and glared at him.

Everyone chuckled, some even coming to pat me on the back. It almost seemed like everyone had forgotten about the Cuts until Greg spoke up " Sherlock if you ever feel so low you want to harm yourself please come to us, we promise we can help" I let go of John's hand to hug Greg, his arms wrapping tightly around me before letting me return to John.
I felt everyone's loving gaze on me and I felt happiness course through my veins and everyone came up to hug me and welcome me. John was the last to hug me, his arms wrapping around my waist loosely. Everyone awed when I laughed into his shoulder. It's good no one here was homophobic.
I pressed a gentle kiss to John's lips before we parted and I went to look through to filing cabinets. John rolled his eyes as I picked out a case I wanted to solve. It felt good to be back to normal, but it felt good to have someone special in my life. Someone I could call my own. My John.