similar idea to last but slightly different

Tw: suicide

George's boyfriend Clay (not dream) of three years takes his life in the summer before Senior year oh High school. With the help of his friends he gets through the death. With the beginning of the new school year approaching he is struggling with the idea of returning with out his boyfriend. A few weeks into the school year he sees a  new student. He starts to develop  feelings him, but refused to let himself like let alone love anyone in a romantic way again. It was too soon to move on. What if he lost them again?

What happens when the two new students merge their way into Georges friend group? Well these feeling develop more and become mutual. The only problem? The other boys name.
Clay.
George trys to avoid him after finding out his name because it makes him miss the other Clay. But the feelings don't go away. Eventually they become closer (in a friendly way)  but George still struggles with the loss of his partner especially when the name Clay is mentioned. One day, reveals his past and why Clay's name upsets him. They decide to come up with the nickname 'Dream' to help .

Feeling develop and they fall for each other, you get the idea. Be creative.

_________________________________________
'I guess I have a thing for falling for people named Clay'