Confession

The last time three of us stood together in the same place was years ago when we used to play together, eat together, scream and fight for breaking our favourite toys but now I didn't even know what to say after having my heart broken by them. I wasn't surprised by Camille, I know she spent her life having ill feelings for me but Marco. The whole world seemed to fade in front of me. I was supposed to feel something anger, sadness, hurt, wasn't I supposed to shout at him for doing this but I found myself numb. The beating of my heart, blood flowing in my veins everything working very hard to keep me alive but the numbness in my heart, my soul and my mind overpowered that hard work. The memories of how we met again in Felicita, how we kept meeting every day, those dates, his hugs, his words, the way he used to look at me every time I looked away. Was it all a lie? What if it was all in my head and it never happened the way I think it did. I guess, it was a dream all along and what was in front of me right now, was real.

How could he behave the same as her, my heart still refused to believe he'd ever hurt me. I pinched myself to bring me back to reality and see things the way there were here not how I wanted them to be. But I couldn't let them see, I couldn't let anyone see my fragility at this moment. I could not be weak if I wasn't feeling strong I would pretend to be one. I would answer them in the language they understand the best.

"What a surprise, Serena?" Camille exclaimed in the fake tone she could

"Don't pretend to be surprised Cam, didn't you nearly beg me to come here, very subtly indeed." I calmly responded

"I did what? I just thought to catch up with you." She pouted with an innocent face

What a bitch. It was working. Listening to her voice was enraging me and turning all the pain into anger.

"Of course." I snickered at her feign innocence

"Hey, Serena. Do you wanna look at how Marco abandoned you and asked me to come to his place. I'm so excited I would ask him to call you next time too." I repeated the exact words she texted me and continued, "Doesn't it sound like how desperate you were to make me see this."

"Whatever." She said while crossing her shoulders

"Well, I'll leave you guys alone now. I don't want to disrupt your quality time together anymore." I looked at Marco and said, "You two deserves each other." I paused because looking at him was making me weak, I said murmured in a low yet audible voice to him, "Remember you said how you regret meeting me but im saying now I regret it all. All of it." And turned back to leave him and all this behind as possible as it was.

Someone grabbed me by my hand and stopped me. I knew who it was, I jerked my hand from his strong grip, "Don't you dare."

"You can't go saying anything you want." He said in an authoritative tone

"I am done listening to you. Not anymore." My voice raised a little

"Listen to me once, then do whatever you want." His eyebrows got narrowed and his face was almost red

"I trusted you, Marco, and now I dont want to see you or hear you. Ever. Again," I screamed at him and a drop of tear fell down my cheek

"For God's sake Serena, I beg you. Please, it's nothing that it looks like."He scratched the back of his neck

"I shouldn't have met you again." My voice cracked and I was barely able to hold my tears anymore

"Just let her go, Marco. Poor girl isn't in good shape now." Camille grinned at me

"Camille" Marco called her name

She nodded.

"Leave. Leave, right now ."