Date night

I was standing in front of the mirror, watching my tired reflection. I had spent the last forty-five minutes trying to find one dress for today but I kept rejecting every set of clothing I possessed. I wanted something that would make me look beautiful but also not very slutty, something sober but cute. Not once but twice I had checked my wardrobe but couldn't find anything perfect for the occasion, my first date.

It was going to be my first date with the guy I love and who loves me too, I was in love with how this sounded every time I said it. Technically, it wasn't the first time we were going to spend time together, we had done it many times in past but this time it kept fluttering my heart. When I used to meet him earlier, it used to feel fun but now I was feeling oddly nervous but also couldn't stop giggling to myself. After rummaging through my clothes for the third time, that little thing caught my attention and I knew I got the dress I was looking for. It just took me two minutes to get ready. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and took my phone, bag and left.

After talking a long slow walk, I was standing below our place, we kind of owned this now, our Felicia, mentally preparing my heart which was maybe out of habit now, throbbing inside my heart. I always wondered if I was genuinely anxious every time I meet him or it was just a part of my personality. I tried to push these stupid thoughts and began moving upstairs. And with all the nervousness and excitement, I opened the door and felt awestruck by the scene in front of me.

The entire room was lit with the tiny yellow bulbs, spreading over the roof by making a tent-like mesh and numerous photographs were connected from them to a very visible length from my height. Those weren't just any photographs but they belonged to every stage of our life. Our every happy moment, every memory was hanging there. On the ground, there were lots of rose petals, scattered all over. The sides of the place were lightened with candles and on the table in the corner, there was wine and food. The yellowness coming from the roof and candles and the redness of the rose petals from the ground and our photographs in between were making it look so mesmerising.

Someone kept their chin on my shoulder and said, " Hey baby." I smiled and he put forward a beautiful bouquet of red roses towards me from behind. I took it from him and he used this opportunity to snake his hands from my waist to my stomach and nuzzled me from behind, goosebumps appeared on every inch of my skin and he knew it.

"You're looking so beautiful. You choose this dress on a purpose right." He whispered in a low but seductive way and before I could answer back, he kissed my earlobe and then my bare shoulder. The sensation of his lips on my bare skin worked like I touched an electric wire carrying some huge ampere of current and before he could continue with any of his evil intentions, I gently pushed him and stood a little away, catching my breathe which minute prior was ready to leave me.

"What happen baby? What got you so red?" He was looking at me with an amused smile on his lips

"A mosquito was trying to bite me, I guess." I laughed trying to hide my embarrassment and he laughed at my remark too.

"When did you do all this?" I asked him while taking a little tour around while holding his flowers, closer to my heart.

"Do you like it?" he asked

"Is that even a question? of course, I loved it." I assured him because truly it was the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me, except Marco of course

"That's all that matters."

I turned back to see him and he was standing leaning across the gate. He was wearing just a simple white shirt with denim jeans. Even his hairs were all messy and falling on his forehead but that was making him look so goddamn hot. I sometimes thought about it how he's always been so good looking, girls were always ready to throw themselves at him. He had many admirers and there was a rumour that even guys at school used to like him but I didn't blame them, Marco was indeed the most handsome, charming and good-hearted person. I always genuinely felt so blessed to get to know him and be in love with him.