Chapter 7

Ainsley POV:

Was I too harsh on him? Maybe.

Do I regret what I said? No.

He didn't understand, he thinks he does but he doesn't, he might've lost his father but not the same way that I lost my mother.

I leaned onto the railing of the balcony and let the tears stream down my cheeks, counting each one as I watched the view ahead of me.

That day I didn't look at him, I didn't talk to him. In fact I didn't speak to anybody.

Clive POV:

My daughter Ainsley is hard and I am used to it. Some days she is all bright and happy and adventurous, then someday she is silent, grumpy, and closed off. I know that it's about her mother. It's only a matter of time before she feels happy again and acts like nothing happened.

Emmett POV:

Clive watched in amazement as we turned the radio on and off, on and off, showing him the loud beeping sound that Reagan and I created at the radio station.

"We need to find more radios," Clive started, "the more radios we have, the more safer we will be".

"He's right," Evelyn agreed.

"I had a friend who used to work in an electronic shop, it's not far from here," I suggested.

"So it's settled," said Evelyn.

"I'll come with you," Clive said, patting me on the back.

Suddenly, Reagan came into the scene. She signed something that I couldn't understand.

"Nothing is going on Reagan, just go back to bed" Evelyn said as she signed.

She signed something else.

"No, we're not up to something, please to go back to bed, it's late," Evelyn continued.

Reagan sighed, and went back to her room.

After thinking and planning, we decided that Evelyn, Clive, and I would all be going to the shop at 7 am in the morning. The earlier, the better.