chapter 3

Renjun played with both Chenle and Sungchan as he waited for Sungchan's father to come and pick him up. Jaemin, who already got ready to return home noticed that, slowly approaching Renjun from his back.

"Renjun, can you just call his parents? It's already 7pm, " Jaemin asked the other. Renjun beamed a smile, shaking his head. "Maybe he was up to something. It's okay Jaemin. I can wait. You can go home first," Renjun replied. "Are you sure? You are too kind, Renjun," A moment later, a man in his light blue shirt appeared at the front door, opening up his arms as soon as he saw Jaemin. Jaemin ran towards him, hugging the man tightly. "Let's go home, sweetie. Sorry for making you wait for me," Minhyung brushed Jaemin's hair before he noticed Renjun was also there.

"Renjun, do you want me to drop you and Chenle home?" Minhyung asked. Renjun shook his head, telling Minhyung that he will wait for Sungchan's parents. Hearing that made both Jaemin and Minhyung bid a goodbye towards Renjun before fading away from Renjun's sight. Renjun looked at his son and Sungchan who played together with the toys inside one of the classes. At first, they were awkward with each other but later on, Chenle started to talk with Sungchan, before both of them became friends.
-

Jaemin's Husband

Lee Minhyung (28)A pharmacist that work near their kindergarten

Lee Minhyung (28)
A pharmacist that work near their kindergarten. Na Jaemin's husband.

-

A few minutes later, Chenle ran towards him. His son looked sleepy, eyes were getting heavier. Sungchan followed him from behind. Both of them seemed tired as they played together all day long. "Pa, can we return home now?" Chenle asked as soon as he dropped himself on Renjun's lap. Sungchan looked at both Renjun and Chenle before sitting beside Renjun. He never was that close to his own father, so, it was a little bit weird to look at how close Chenle was to Renjun.

"We will wait for Sungchan's dad, okay, dear? Come here Sungchan," Renjun said, asking Sungchan to scoot over to his side. "Aren't both of you tired?" Renjun asked softly. Sungchan nodded and Chenle hummed as their answer. Renjun brought Chenle closer to his chest while lifting Sungchan to sit on his right thigh as Chenle on his left. Both of them fell asleep on Renjun's chest as Renjun sang them a lullaby to sleep.

A moment later, Jeno entered the kindergarten, being greeted with the sight of three sleeping humans. Jeno smiled warmly as soon as he saw how comfortable Sungchan was in Renjun's chest, dozing off like it was his favorite place.

Feeling like someone was looking at him in his sleep, Renjun slowly opened his eyes, nodding a little towards Jeno as a greeting as soon as they made eye contact. "Oh, you come, Mr. Lee," Renjun slowly moved, not wanting to wake up the boys. Jeno smiled at him before sitting beside Renjun. "I'm really sorry for being late. I'm just too busy with work," Did not put his mask down, Renjun only can see his eyes when he talks. "Ah, it's okay, I understand. You don't need to worry about that,"

"Uh, let me take Sungchan. Thank you for taking care of him, teacher Renjun? Isn't it, your name?"

"Y-yeah, but you don't have to be formal with me. It's okay to call me by my name. Just, Renjun." Renjun replied, closing his lips tightly, causing his cheeks to show up.

Jeno found it cute, smiling under his mask, but from his eyes, Renjun thought he was laughing at Renjun. Renjun looked away as both of them stayed silent there, doing nothing. "Urm, where is your house? I will send you home as you take care of Sungchan today," Jeno broke the silence, finally lifting up Sungchan from Renjun's lap. "It's okay, I will call for the taxi. Anyway, I'm his teacher, it's really nothing at all to take care of him," Renjun replied, also lifting up Chenle that was already snuggling onto his neck more.

Renjun took Sungchan's bag and gave it to Jeno before he took Chenle's bag. Before he could do anything, Jeno took Chenle's bag away from him, holding it together with Sungchan's bag with only his left hand. His right hand was holding onto Sungchan.

Renjun gasped. He couldn't talk about anything as he was a little bit fluttered with the man that he just met that day, the parent of his own student. Wasn't it a little bit awkward? Ah, Renjun will consider it as Jeno's way to repay his kindness.

"Let's go. I park my car there."