chapter 10

"What were you doing this holiday?" Jaeyu asked the question randomly. Jisu, Kiro and Jaeyu just returned from their short trip together as Kiro never explored Seoul very much since he was a trainee.

"I went to my parents' house, taking care of my siblings. Not really much I did those days but still I miss them a lot," Dohyu replied first before taking a glance at Jeno. Actually, he asked Jeno to follow him to his house but Jeno refused to do it. For many times, not only once.

It did make Dohyu overthink several things. Maybe Jeno doesn't like him very much, or maybe Jeno hates when their fans ship them a lot, but Dohyu actually loves it when they are being shipped by the fans. It does make him feel like he is the closest one to Jeno, and he is proud of it.

"I go to Guan's brother's house. He made us do so much work. I think my back is hurting right now, can't function well," Deju said, trying to reach the back of his body to massage it but Guan's hand was faster than him, rubbing the back of Deju's body at the place that Deju was complaining he hurted.

Everyone's eyes looked at Jeno who stayed silent, waiting for his answer. Jeno looked up, pointing towards himself.

"Me?"

"Um, I stayed at home," Jeno continued. Yeah, he spent a lot of time with Sungchan recently, playing with his son, cooking for him, teaching him how to dance. Everything was great but it would be greater only if Renjun and Chenle joined them.

That was the other thing Dohyu noticed in Jeno. Jeno never talks about his family, never invites them to his house, never tells them any other background about him. He is full of secrets, and Dohyu is sure, one day he will be able to know everything about Jeno.

-

He thought if he went to the kindergarten early, he can finally meet Renjun but Jaemin told him that Renjun needed to take a day off because he was not feeling well as he had a cold and did not want to infect the children. Chenle also did not attend the class that day.

Jeno was a little bit upset. He took Sungchan with him and drove towards his own mansion. On his way there, he was really worried about the Chinese and his son. What would Chenle eat if Renjun did not feel well? What if no one brings Renjun to the clinic.

"Sungchan, are you hungry?"

Jeno took a glance at his son once he stopped the car when the traffic light turned red. Sungchan nodded eagerly,

"Dad, I want to eat porridge please. Hmm, if Chenle is here, maybe he wants to eat porridge too. It's boring without Chenle," Sungchan sighed, looking at the window.

Jeno chuckled to see how his son reacted. Why is Sungchan so cute and how couldn't he realise it sooner? Jeno ruffled the boy's hair, causing Sungchan to look at him. "D-dad?" Jeno never once did that, showing his affection towards Sungchan. It was a little bit weird for Sungchan to accept this new side of his dad. "Yes?"

"Nothing, dad,"

"Let's go! I will buy you porridge and we can eat together with Chenle!" Jeno waited for Sungchan's reaction, as expected, Sungchan looked at him excitedly. Jeno just wants to be a better dad for Sungchan. He will, little by little.

That was why he drove towards a nearby porridge restaurant, buying two sets of meals and two kids sets of chicken porridge. He dropped by a pharmacy near the kindergarten, being greeted by Minhyung that helped him in giving the suitable medicine for someone who was having a cold. And of course, he will meet Renjun this time. No one will avoid anyone.

-

"Baby, what do you want to eat tonight? I want to order something for you," Renjun asked Chenle but received a no as an answer to his question. Renjun took a seat beside Chenle, holding both of Chenle's hands. "Look at pa, baby. Do you feel unwell? Want a hug?" Chenle shook his head. Seeing his pa seems to suffer a lot, he felt sad. He wanted to see his pa smile brightly at him, cuddling with him like always or maybe, he just needed someone to be his pa's company. He always thinks his existence alone will never be enough for Renjun.

"Pa, you seem sad lately. Do you hate to be with me?"

Renjun's eyes widened. He pulled Chenle's body into his hug immediately, rubbing his son's back. His tears dropped as soon he heard those words from Chenle. Was he lacking as a parent? "Baby, you are the person I love and I will never hate to be with you. Don't say anything like that again. Tell pa anything that you feel uncomfortable with, Lele. I'm here, okay. I love you," Chenle's head is buried down into Renjun's chest. It was not his intention to make the situation to be like that. Or, should he directly ask his pa what was actually in his mind?

"So, are you sad because you miss uncle Jeno?"