Part 5 of The Lovely Bones

In the fall, Grandma Lynn calls Jack and says she's moving in. That December, Mr. Harvey has been gone over a year, and nobody has been able to find him. Susie feels sorry for Len Fenerman because he didn't solve the crime in time or get the lady. (Apparently, when Abigail left for California, she cut all ties to Len.) Len feels extremely guilty for not solving Susie's case.

Ray, Susie's crush, gets handsomer and handsomer as the years go by, and he leaves for college. Ruth moves to New York City and when she's not working, she roams the streets. When she sees a place where a dead girl was killed, she can see what happened. In December 1988, Len Fenerman learns that Susie's charm was found near the body of murdered girl found in 1976. Susie's dog Holiday dies and comes to Susie's heaven.

When Lindsey is 21, she and Samuel are riding a motorcycle back from her graduation. They have matching spiky haircuts. About eight miles from their turn-off, it's raining so hard they have to pull off the road. They find an abandoned Victorian house in the distance. Inside, they make love and get engaged. They decide to buy the house and live in it. Then they run home in the rain to Jack, half naked.

Shortly after, in New York, Ruth learns that the sinkhole, where she correctly suspects Mr. Harvey buried Susie's body, is to be filled in. So, she makes plans to return to the Philadelphia suburb.

At the Salmon residence, Buckley tells his dad he wants more attention, and begs his dad to focus on him instead of Susie. Jack has a heart attack and is rushed to the hospital. Abigail hears about it and finally comes back to her family. She and Jack fall back in love in Jack's hospital room.