Part 6 of The Lovely Bones

Meanwhile, Mr. Harvey is headed back to the old neighborhood, haunted by dreams of Lindsey Salmon escaping his clutches before. Ruth and Ray are reunited, and they drive out to the sinkhole. The same day, Mr. Harvey makes it to the neighborhood, but a suspicious cop makes him leave. He passes the sinkhole when Ruth is standing near the road, next to the car she and Ray are driving. When she sees Mr. Harvey's car, she sees all the women he killed. She passes out.

At that moment Susie falls from heaven and borrows Ruth's body. She gets Ray to take her across the way to Hal Heckler's empty bike shop and they make love. While Susie is in Ruth's body, Ruth hangs out in heaven with the dead girls she's been memorializing. Then she and Susie switch back. Also on that day, Jack Salmon is released from the hospital and there is a poignant family reunion back at the Salmon house.

As the novel comes to a close, we learn that Susie has moved on up to "wide wide heaven" and has made peace with her newfound existence. She gives us a final glimpse of Mr. Harvey. He's about to attempt another attack, but is foiled by a falling icicle. He plunges to his death into a ravine. Then Susie shows us Lindsey, Samuel, and their new baby, Abigail Suzanne, and that's the end of the story.

~~~~~THX FOR READING HOPE YOU LIKED IT ~~~~~