Chapter 3

8th grade wasn't easy at times, but I found it quite easy as I was generally a good student. My mother and father were never home between the hours of 10.am to 9.pm but I didn't mind, it gave me time to spend with my friends with no problems, curfews, or anything in that sense. I also got a pocket money of $20 a week, my parents are writers, they write books for all different age groups, there for they gain a decent flow of money, but that is beside the point, I needed a swimsuit, the one in my closet didn't fit.

I called my best friend Bella, she was the true fashionista between the two of us. Bella agreed to come help me, the plan was to come to my house then we would go to the shopping mall. I had one right next to my neighbourhood and it was decently big. We walked through the automatic doors and walked over to the sports store. To our left was the swimming section, so to the left was the way we walked. I looked at Bella and imagined her doing a silly little dance, and she did so. It was confusing how I could make someone do something just based on what I imagine them doing then and looking at that person. I giggled a bit, at least till she looked at me and glared. After we bought bathing suits, we went to my house, and watched a movie.

After she went home, I went to bed but I couldn't sleep, I was thinking about how I was able to make somebody do something just by imagining it. I joked in my head that I had super powers, but it made me think, maybe I do have powers!