Chapter 19: The Chunin exams

It was the next day and team 7 was waiting AGAIN for their sensei who was very late, which it wasn't a surprise for the three genin but it was still irritating, they were waiting for him for hours on the bridge and yet he didn't show up.

Nerida and Naruto came later than Sakura and Sasuke since Kakashi would make some lame excuse of being late. Sasuke was irritated because Sakura was giving him flirty looks and heart eyes. But when he saw Nerida, his eyes softened but he felt his friend, jealously crept in his chest because of Naruto.

Naruto looked at Sasuke and smirked tripumply and leaned on Nerida and went back talking to Nerida who was trying to create space for her and the energetic blond.

Sakura snapped out of her flirty state and saw that her crush wasn't paying attention to her but at her other female teammate who was reading her book. She felt anger and jealously rise up in her blood.

She noticed it ever since Nerida came to the academy. She would always see Sasuke's eyes gaze at Nerida during lessons and that he would never spend any time with anyone especially a girl and yet Nerida managed to get his attention. So when she saw her and Sasuke fighting and her teasing him. She felt jealous towards Nerida.

Sakura knew Sasuke since they were kids and yet he wouldn't even give her a glance. But she had got his attention in a short span of time. Sakura was wondering, what did Nerida have that she didn't.

But on the other hand she would also see that the fairy has no interest in romance nor dating someone and that she considers Sasuke and Naruto friends. She even saw her train hard every day from sun to sun down tirelessly sometimes she had blood trickling down her scarred frail body but she kept training.

But she couldn't help but give a small glare to her teammate. She doesn't hate her but she envies her for getting her crush's attention.

Nerida felt Sakura glare at her, she lowered her grimore from her vision and just starred at Sakura who just huffed and turned away with her arms crossed childishly.

'The fuck did I do?' Nerida sweatdroped with quesion marks floating above her head. But then started to look at Sasuke who was staring at her then looked back to Sakura.

'Oh. Jeez, you can have him I really don't care anyway." Nerida shrugged and sat on the bridge railings and went back to read her spellbook about the forbidden dark arts.

Now all of team 7 were waiting for their sensei who is extremely late. Nerida was reading her spell book but she was losing her patience like the rest of her teammates. Naruto was tapping his feet furiously while sakura looked like she was about to explode.

Sasuke looked normal but on the inside he was also losing his patience of waiting for their sensei.

Suddenly sakura yelled in frustration. "Why why why! Its always the same! He sets up the time then we have to wait hours for him!" She stomped the ground loudly.

'I should have stayed in that apartment longer.' Nerida thought. It was scorching hot outside and she just want to dive into the waters below then and swim and let her wings loose.

She thought as Naruto and Sakura were yelling at each other about their feelings.

"I couldn't even brush my teeth or change my underwear!" Naruto shouted.

Nerida and Shisui scrunched their faces in disgust. While Minato and Hashirama sweatdroped.

"Its annoying that we have to wait for him every time huh." Sasuke suddenly spoke out of nowhere and he was close to Nerida making her slightly uncomfortable.

Nerida and the ghosts looked at the young Uchiha. He is never the type of person to start a conversation or talk to anyone.

"I suppose....?" Nerida said in a questioning tone and scootted farther away to make space for her.