✿seis✿

we walked up to his room.

"so, let's say you do have a gift, do you think... you could special like us? well... you already are special."

camilo asked but murmured the last part.

"if i am, i guess ... i don't know what i'll do. it's all so new i had no idea i could do this."

"yeah i mean i understand. when i first got my gift at a small age it was all so new. but i had fun, it was the best thing to turn myself into dolores and do something bad so they wouldn't blame me."

we both laughed.

"and, it was funny because she would get in trouble and i wouldn't."

"oh and not just her, everyone."

"your cruel."

"i know."

"so this ruana, who made you it?"

(t: ruana is the poncho looking thing that colombians wear.)

i said as i grabbed camilo's ruana from the bottom.

"my mom has a friend who's been knitting it ever since i was little. and i love wearing it, actually."

"you should make one for me, maybe we could be matching."

"ooh yeah! that would be cool."

"or, make me a dress."

"make you a dress? would you wear it?"

"probably i mean, i can be whoever i wanna be."

"do you ever have identity crisis?"

"oh yeah... all the time you know. it's just, sometimes it's hard to decide who i am or what i am and who i wanna be. it's... it's just hard."

"i understand that, with a gift like yours i would agree."

"but it's whatever. i stay as this body and it's me."

"i think you look nice."

he blushed.

"thanks.."

"honestly, i understand how hard things get. even though i don't completely  understand you since i don't have what you have i'm still here."

"thanks, it means a lot."

"yeah of course, we're all going through a lot."

"yeah..."

camilo said as he scratched his neck awkwardly.

"geez, enough about me, let's get back to talking about you. we need too-

"actually can we forget about that, i think i'm just gonna figure it out on my own."

"oh, okay, alright that's fine we can... uh talk about something else."

"sorry."

"you know, you apologize a lot. and it's for nothing, you don't have to say sorry."

"i- i know it's just.. so-

"stop!"

"sorry!"

he punched me on the arm lightly.

i heard a buzz, i look down my mom had texted.

mami: ven a comer

(t: come eat)

"oh, sorry my mom wants me to go eat. i have to go, i'll see you... uh later."

i say as i walk out his room.