eighteen::flashback seven

not edited

"Beauty queen of only eighteen
She has some troubles with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else."
~She will be loved, Maroon 5

eighteen::flashback seven

-

"Sir?"

Zayn looked up and frowned when he spotted the nurse poking her head through the door. It was fairly unusually considering it was merely 3 AM in the morning.

"Yes?" Zayn asked, his eyes traveling towards the paper clutched in the nurse's hand.

"Harry Styles is here to see you. We informed him that it was too late and the hospital policies strictly prohibit late night visits but he is being very persistent." the nurse informed, and Zayn nodded.

"Yeah, okay, send him in."

The nurse nodded before leaving the room and Zayn grabbed Liam's hand again, stroking his knuckles with his thumb. Soon after, the door creaked open again and a tall lanky figure entered, his face illuminated by the lamplight sitting on the nightstand.

"Hey." Harry greeted, pulling up a chair in front of Zayn, before planting him bum onto it. "Hi." Zayn replied quietly, glancing at Harry before diverting his attention back to his beautiful boyfriend.

"So how've you been coping? It's been a long six months, hasn't it?" Harry sighed, running a hand through his thick curls. Zayn nodded and shrugged, before he sighed and ran a hand through his greasy hair, grimacing when he realized he needed to shower desperately.

"So what brings you to Liam and I's humble abode?" Zayn attempted at dry humor, and Harry forced out an uneasy yet lighthearted chuckle. "Well, I haven't seen you since 3 months, really, so I thought I would, you know, drop by." Harry shrugged, watching fondly as Zayn played with Liam's limp fingers.

"At 3 AM in the morning?" Zayn asked, raising an eyebrow, "We might not have seen each other for 3 months, but I still know you like the back of my hand, Harold."

Harry smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, yeah, it's good news, really," Harry admitted, and Zayn gestured for him to continue, "Niall's pregnant."

"Oh my God, Haz, that's amazing!" And it was the first time in six months that Zayn gave a genuine smile, getting up to engulf his best mate into a hug. "Yeah, we found out yesterday." Harry nodded, hugging Zayn once more.

"Well, I gotta go now, Zee, Niall gets really grumpy and he told me he would chop my balls off if I didn't return home by 3:30, so I'll see you later, yeah?" Harry smiled, squeezing Zayn's shoulder, "Oh, and Zayn? Don't give up anytime soon, yeah?"

With that Harry walked out of the room and left Zayn staring at his vacant spot.

-

"You fag, no wonder Liam doesn't like you." Gavin sneered as he punched Zayn square in the nose.

"It's a pity he's a good lay, otherwise I'd let you have him. He's completely worthless other than a nice shag." Gavin spat, and Zayn grimaced, falling onto his bum.

"Oh really now?" a voice interrupted them and both boys whipped their heads to the side to see Liam standing there with his arms crossed.

"Liam, babe, I didn't--" Gavin started, but Liam kept a passive expression as he stopped him and pulled him by the collar of his shirt. "We're over, 'fag'." Liam sneered, and Gavin muttered a 'whatever' before dashing off towards his friends.

"Um-- thanks, I guess." Zayn mumbled as he picked himself from the ground, brushing the lint from his clothes. They stood in an awkward silence for a while considering both of them had been avoiding each other for a solid two weeks.

Zayn sighed and made a move to leave but Liam stopped him, pushing the shorter lad against one of the lockers gently.

"Zee, I miss you." Liam breathed, nipping on Zayn's ear lobe. The latter stiffened at their close proximity, and the fact that Liam was showing affection got his stomach churning in a nice way.

"Oh- o- okay." Zayn stammered, trying to get out of Liam's grasp, because, yes, he was enjoying this very much, but he knew Liam would just use him and throw him away like last time.

"I'm sorry." Liam blurted, looking into Zayn's eyes and the raven haired lad wanted to beam with joy to find pure sincerity, "I've been thinking so hard over the past two weeks-- and I was scared, Zayn. I- I was scared because I've liked you since three to four months now, and I thought you were just playing a prank, but then I read your diary and found out you've liked me since you were thirteen, and ugh, Zayn, I am so fucking sorry, I really do like you. Give me a chance at this, and I won't screw up, I swear."

Zayn exhaled slowly, a smile forming on his face, before nodding quickly and crashing his lips against Liam's.

-

"Those were the days, hm?" Zayn mumbled as he pecked Liam's forehead, before resting his head on his arms, "Sweet dreams, Liam."

-

Only 3 chapters left :( I think I'll finish this by today or tomorrow ha x

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

~Harry