eighteen::flashback three

not edited

eighteen::flashback three

"Your hand fits in mine
Like it's made just for me
But bear this in mind
It was meant to be"
~Little Things, One Direction

'16 days, 4 hours.' Zayn thought. He had nothing better than do that crying or counting down how long Liam had slipped into an unbeknown place.

Right now, on the 16th day, Zayn was reading a book in the same plastic chair. He was scanning the letters that formed words that waltzed in his brain, but he couldn't keep his mind on the plot. His eyes were reading but his brain wasn't processing and it was because Liam was currently being fed through a tube.

Zayn absolutely loathed how Liam was being treated. He was supposed to be treated like a king- Zayn's king- and there he was being treated like a pet.

To be honest, Zayn really wanted to rip the wires away from Liam's body and feed him himself, just the way Liam liked it while adding kisses here and there.

But Zayn knew that if he pulled the wires away, Liam would stop breathing and that he would never wake up.

And Zayn didn't want that.

-------

"Is Liam taking care of you, Zee?" Yaser asked as he watched his 13 year old son sitting on the plastic chair next to him.

"Yeah, Dad." Zayn smiled, slipping his hand in-between his father's.

Zayn always looked up to Yaser. He was so kind, loving and caring- yet, cancer only found the good people to feed on.

"Zayn, are you crying?" Yaser whispered as he saw tears drop from Zayn's eyes.

"D-dad, you're gonna d-die." Zayn sobbed, "I don't want you to die."

Yaser's eyes softened as he pulled his son closer. "Climb in." he instructed and Zayn scrambled to get into the hospital bed.

He clung onto his father, burying his head into his chest and breathing in the familiar scent of lemons and cologne.

"Zayn, shh." Yaser soothed, rubbing his son's back, "It's okay, yeah? Now, who's going to feed me on the gossip if you keep crying, hm?"

Zayn smiled through his tears. His father would always find a way to make him smile.

"I-uh- Dad if I tell you something, you promise not to be mad?" Zayn whispered. He was finally going to do it. He was finally going to tell someone.

"Of course not, love! Go ahead." Yaser urged, still having an arm wrapped around Zayn's waist.

"Dad, I know I'm young and that I might be irrational but...I'm gay." Zayn whispered, clutching his father's shirt, waiting to be pushed back.

Though he was pleasantly surprised when Yaser merely pulled him closer.

"I'm proud of you," Yaser mumbled into Zayn's hair, "I love you. You're so brave, Zayn. You're breaking boundaries just love. That's great."

Zayn smiled softly. His father was always a philosopher, the person who would look at the bright side. "Now, why do I have suspicion that this is related with Liam?" Yaser teased, pecking Zayn's forehead.

Zayn blushed as he looked up at Yaser. "I may or may not have a tiny crush on Liam. But he has a girlfriend! His first one!" Zayn exclaimed.

Yaser smiled as he looked down at his son. "Maybe Liam might discover his feelings about you later, yeah? But until then, always tell him you love him." Yaser suggested as he cuddled his son closer, "Now go call mama, I need to talk to her."

"I love you so much, my little prince. You hold such a special space in my heart, Zayn and I am so proud of you. I love you, Zayn, don't forget that." Yaser mumbled as he pecked Zayn's cheeks.

"I love you too, daddy. Forever and ever." And with one final kiss on the forehead from his Dad, Zayn left to fetch his mother.

But maybe he should've examined Yaser's goodbye more closely, because he never saw his father again.

----

"He-he's dead." Zayn sobbed as Liam opened the door.

"What Zee? It's 2 AM and what're you doing in the rain!?" Liam exclaimed as he pulled Zayn inside.

"Dad's dead. He's dead, Liam, he's dead! Dad's gone!" Zayn cried and Liam's eyes widened as realization smacked him across the head. Tears gathered at the corner of his eyes as he stared down at his broken best friend.

"Oh Zayn.." Liam mumbled as he picked him up effortlessly, "Oh my. A nice hot bath for you, Zayn."

With that, Liam carrier Zayn upstairs towards his bedroom.

He set him down gently on his bed and Zayn clung onto him as he sobbed into his chest.

"He knew he was going to die, Liam! He knew but he didn't tell anyone! He could've been saved!" Zayn cried softly, knowing that Liam's parents were asleep next door.

"Shh, Zee. Come on." Liam whispered as he carried Zayn into the bathroom. He started a warm bath before ridding Zayn of clothing and helping him inside the tub.

"L-Liam? Will you take a bath with me?" Zayn sniffled and Liam nodded quickly, stripping his pajamas before he climbed in. He sat cross-legged across from Zayn, as he watched him worriedly. "Tell me what happened, Zee." Liam demanded softly.

"Dad told me to get Mama so I did and she went inside and I stayed outside. She came our after an hour and started crying, telling me he was gone."

"He knew he was going to die, but he didn't tell anyone! He would've still been here, Liam! But now he's gone and I ran away from the hospital because the smell was suffocating. It smelled of death, Liam. It was horrible and your house was the nearest and- he's dead!" Zayn whimpered.

Liam bit his lip as he brought Zayn closer into a right embrace. "Zayn..I love you. He loves you and I love you, yeah?" Liam mumbled into his damp hair.

"Forever and ever?" Zayn sniffed.

"Forever and ever." Liam confirmed.

---

"You saved me, Liam. I was so broken, but you fixed me." Zayn sobbed as he clutched Liam's limp hand tightly.

"I love you, Liam. I'm so sorry, just please, please wake up, Liam. I love you so fucking much it actually hurts." Zayn whimpered.

But as he stared at Liam's still features he knew his pleas were pitiful.

And for the 7th time that day, Zayn broke down.

-----

Because Yaser is always portrayed as an abusive bitch, I just really want to prove to you that he is a fucking gem.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

~Harry