eighteen::flashback eight

not edited

"Why am I so emotional?
No it's not a good look, gain some self control
And deep down I know this never works
But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt"

~Stay with me, Sam Smith

eighteen:: flashback eight

-

"They want me to leave," Zayn sobbed as he clutched Liam's hand, "They want me to leave the ward, Liam, they say that it's more or less hopeless that you actually wake up."

Liam was stiff and motionless, his hand still limp and cold in Zayn's bony hand, but the latter merely kissed his lover's knuckles, soothing out the wrinkles with his lips.

"Please wake up, you know I can't leave. I'll go on a rampage or something, Li, wake up." Zayn pleaded, but his pleas merely bounced across the empty room.

-

"This is my boyfriend, Zayn." Liam introduced, and Zayn shook hands with the man standing in a suit.

No matter how many times Liam would call Zayn his boyfriend, the raven haired lad would always have the same proud reaction and the feeling of butterflies fluttering in his stomach would come back.

"Nice to meet you, lad." the man replied in a heavy Irish accent, and Zayn had to strain his ears to actually listen to the words.

"So where's Niall, Bobby?" Liam asked, his arm wrapping around Zayn's slim waist. "Upstairs in his room, Liam, ye' better get 'im out." Bobby replied with a sad smile, before wandering off to talk to the rest of the guests.

"Come on, you'll love Niall. He became my friend like two months ago, and he's a really nice kid, but apparently he's down in the dumps nowadays." Liam shrugged, before placing a kiss on Zayn's forehead, "God, I love you."

Zayn giggled and leaned up to peck his boyfriend of one year on the lips, chuckling when Liam growled playfully and pulled him back for a longer one. "Babe I know, Niall. He was always there for me, remember?" Zayn muttered against the younger boy's lips.

"Oi! Get a room, you two! Or to be specific, Niall's room!" Greg hinted, winking at them as he passed by. Liam rolled his eyes, a light smile dancing on his lips as he pulled Zayn upstairs, opening the door of Niall's bedroom, to find the blonde haired boy, wallowing in self pity as he buried his head in a pillow.

"Hey Niall." Zayn greeted, unwrapping himself from Liam's arms before sitting down on the edge of the bed. Niall lifted his face and Zayn only got a glimpse of his tear stained cheeks before the Irish boy buried his face back into the pillow.

"What's wrong, Ni?" Liam sighed as he picked Zayn up before plopping down onto the bed, pulling his boyfriend onto his lap. Zayn nuzzled his face in the crook of Liam's neck, his hand running through Niall's soft locks in an attempt to get him to wake up.

"It isn't fair." Niall hiccuped, lifting his face again but this time, he threw his pillow away. "Why can't I have love? Ashton just dumped me, and.. and I want love, guys. Not sex or- or lavish dates, just love. Is that too much to ask for?"

Liam hugged Niall to his side and Zayn cuddled in as well, already having the perk of sitting in Liam's lap. Whilst the three boys embraced in solemn silence, an idea immediately came to the raven haired boy and he jumped in his boyfriend's lap excitedly.

"Um." Niall muttered, frowing as he watched Zayn, "Zee, what're you doing?" Liam chuckled and kissed Zayn's cheek and the latter calmed down and breathed heavily.

"You know Harry Styles?" Zayn asked, completely ignoring Niall's question. Liam's eyes widened and he smirked fondly once he realized what Zayn was about to do. Niall pulled his bottom lip ino his mouth and bit on it, his eyes shining as he nodded. "Well, he has a crush on you." Zayn stated smugly and Niall gaped at him. "W-what?" Niall breathed, "Well um, yeah, he is quite attractive."

"Oh, he's very attractive." Zayn nodded, and Liam growled again, sucking on Zayn's neck in mock jealousy, "Oi! Baby, you're the only one for me. Stop it before I start moaning while setting Niall up."

Liam grinned and kissed his boyfriend, pulling him closer on his lap as he listened to Zayn tell Niall all about Harry, finally getting the reluctant Irish boy to agree to go on a date with Harry Styles. He couldn't believe he hadn't noticed his beautiful boy as a potential boyfriend before, but he was glad he finally had.

-

"I'm sorry, sir. You'll have to leave. You can still visit whenever, but you can't stay in the ward anymore." the doctor argued, his eyes holding pity for the broken man.

"Please.. just one more day? One more day to say goodbye?" Zayn pleaded pathetically and the doctor nodded solemnly, not wanting to argue anymore without feeling horrible about it.

"Okay, sir. One more day, but that's it." the doctor replied, before leaving the room, and Zayn let out a sigh of relief, kissing Liam's cold and bruised lips.

-

I'm dragging this on and on and on, I just want it to finish ugh. Okay, so two more chapters and the epilogue left to go!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

~Harry