Chapter- 30 : 'I'll Always Be With You'

NARRATOR (THIRD PERSON)

The next morning_

“Morning buddy! What’s up? You ask me to come urgently?” New exclaimed, rushing through the door of Singto’s personal chamber inside his office.

He was seated in his chair, by clasping his hands together on the desk. Krist was standing next to him.

Singto gave a strange nod, “Hmm.” New frowned slightly, couldn’t understand what was going on.

Jane also appeared in his office a few seconds later. “Good morning, guys. Sorry I’m a little late.” She winced. She then glanced at New and smiled.

When she switched her sight back to his brother again, his frigid stare sent shivers up her spine.

New couldn’t take it any longer and inquired eagerly. “Could you please tell us now, what’s the matter?”

“Where were you last night?” Singto shifted his gaze between them.

Both of their eyes widened in shock when they listened this.

“What do you mean?” New inquired skeptically.

Singto fixed his sharp stare on him and said, “I mean, what you were doing in front of Jane’s apartment?”

New felt his breath hitched at the back of his throat. He gulped and pondered how to answer for a few sec.

“What’s wrong? Don’t have any answer?” Singto mocked.

Jane, on the other hand, was calculating in her mind that her brother must have seen them together last night, and he had somehow pushed Krist to reveal their relationship.

Thinking about it, her heartbeat had quickened, however, she pretended to be calm and decided not to hide it any longer with his brother, so she spoke up.

“Phi, I like him and we are together.” She stated quietly. New gave her a surprised glance before shifting his sight to his bestie to see how he reacted.

Singto frowned at her. “Couldn’t you find someone better?!”

“P’Sing!!” Krist, who was standing close by him, hissed. But Singto paid no attention to him.

New made a pouty expression. “You really don’t believe me? Am I really that bad in your eyes?”

“Don’t you usually flirt around? How can I be assured that you will take good care of my sister?” Singto questioned doubtfully.

New gave him a gloomy expression, thinking suspiciously, “When did I flirt around?”

“Give up on her.” Singto stated coldly.

“Phi!!!!” Jane exclaimed in anxiety. “What are you talking about? I’m an adult now. I’m not a young girl who needs your approval to date someone.” She blurted out.

“Shut up!” the cold voice of the boss silenced the room for a sec.

“I’m sorry but I can’t give up on her. My feelings for her are sincere. I truly mean it.” New said in a serious tone. Singto looked up at him disbelief.

“Are you really not satisfied with me?” 

Singto stared at him for a few second then he sighed helplessly before speaking. “It’s not that.”

“What is it then?” New narrowed his eyes in doubt.

“My sister and my best friend are dating. Why would I not like that? But what if… you two break up? What would I do?” Singto stated with a solemn voice.