Chapter 6 : Sleep in my bed tonight.

Start at ':3 ' ^

________________________________

Kuroo dropped me off at my house.
Of course my parents had to say hi
And start a whole conversation,
Mostly revolving around me.

"Oh Kuroo, how are you?" my mom asks. "It feels like we haven't seen you in ages!"

"Yeah, how long has it been..." my dad adds.

"Like three days..." I mutter. "He walked me home on Friday after I went to his place..."

"Don't be rude, y/n!" my mom yelled as she smacked the back of my head. "Come in, Kuroo! We'll make dinner for you!"

"Oh no, I really should be going home." he says, trying to get out of this situation.

"Yeah, I'm sure he has a lot of work to catch up on after the tournament." I add.

"No no, I insist! I'll call your mom to let her know you're eating with us tonight!" my mom says with a wide, close eyed smile to Kuroo as she pinches my arm.

"Ow!" 

"I'm sorry Kuroo, can I have a word with you y/n?" my mom growled.

I just nodded and followed her into the kitchen
As my dad led Kuroo into the living room.

"Why do you have to be like that?" my mom harshly asked. "Why do you always have to bring down the mood?"

"I- I don't know..." I was going to protest but you can never win a fight against my mother.

She sighs deeply.

"Y/n, I'm just really worried about you. It's been about a year now that your brother has been gone and you don't seem any better." she says with a softer tone than before.

"I know. I just really miss him..." I say, looking at my feet.

"I know. I do too. We all do." She sniffled. "That's why I thought it'd be a good idea if Kuroo spent the evening with us. I know you two are close, and I think it's best that you two are together at these times."

"I guess." I lift my gaze to her. "Thank you."

The evening was nice I guess.

Mom made a not so great curry for us,
And we ate all together.

After,
Kuroo and I went up to my room to do our homework.
I wasn't planning on doing it
But since he was here,
He forced me to.

I never realized how good I am at math.
Funny.

A while later,
I hear a knock on my door and my mom walks in.

"How are you two doing?" she asks.

"We're good!" Kuroo answers for us.

"Do you want to stay over tonight Kuroo? I'm sure y/n won't mind sharing her bed." my mom asks.

"Wait, wha-" I try to say but I'm cut off.

"I'm sure my mom will want me home. It is a school ni-" Kuroo also tries to speak but is cut off.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I already called her! She's fine with it. She thinks it'll be good for you two, and I agree." She gives a little smile to us.

"I swear, if you two are also shipping us, I'll never get a break from this nonsense." I roll my eyes.

"No, it's not like that, but..." My mom smirks at Kuroo.

"Mom!"

"I'm just teasing. But Kuroo?" 

"Yeah?" he replies.