Ch 2: Sarah's Story

Well, back in high school I had to ask myself a question. What will you love? Now I know what you are all thinking, because of my flirty personality I just had to be choosing between the multiple men throwing themselves at me.

Oh no. This part of the story takes place when I was ugly. Before I understood how amazing foundation was for the body. Before I became the makeup artist that I am today.

Don't get the wrong idea, just because I was temporarily ugly doesn't mean I wasn't amazing. Men were still throwing themselves at me, but instead of the bodybuilders I am pulling now, it was just the band geeks and the chess team. I wanted the bodybuilders though. I wanted the athletes, but the athletes didn't want me.

The athletes were so self-centered that they didn't see anyone but their teammates. Well, it's not like a girl could just join the football team. She had to take over the team.

Slowly but surely, I would challenge the football team members. At first, they were all afraid that they were going to hurt me, but then I started knocking them all on their back. Soon, the boys began to bow down before me.

I fell in love with the workouts, the person I was becoming, and the strength that my hard work was building. I realized that my original goal was replaced. I didn't want a bodybuilder, I wanted to be that athlete. To dominate all forms of athletics.

When the time came I stepped on the field, helmet in hand. My path was chosen. I was going to knock random men on their backs.

Things were going smoothly too until one game I took on a guy three times my size. That's when I realized that I love life a lot more than I love sports. As this giant knocked my soul out of my body I decided that being a football star was not the way to go. Seriously, I was able to see my body lifeless on the ground for a hot second before I realized that I was not dead.

What are muscles if you are in a full-body cast?

Oh no, nothing was broken. I just realized that I love sports, and I did not love men.

So, now I like girls.

"Men still throw themselves at me, but now I just ignore them," Sarah concluded her story

"So wait, are you saying that you got hit by a guy so hard, that it turned you gay," Kenny asked. "That's not how it works."

"Well, why not?" Sarah asked.

"You are born gay. You just can't get hit in the head and make the switch." Kenny argued

Do you see what I mean everyone? This is why being a fly on the wall in a creative writing class is amazing. Sarah did not understand the assignment.

"Your question was what will you love, not who you will hurt." Johanna snapped.

"You hurt because of physical pain. Why will you hurt is a stupid question." Sarah complained. "You hurt because it fucking hurts."

"Physical pain isn't always the answer," Johanna whined. "And that is not what I asked you."

"It is if it's a question of world domination. Physical pain is the only answer!" Kenny yelled again.

It was amazing to watch the group fall apart. Just one failed answer was able to trigger an argument within the group.

Everyone was focused on the conversation except Jonny who was hard at work trying to answer his question. He seemed so focused on his paper that I knew he was about to tell the group an amazing story.

"Are you guys ready to find out why I hurt?" Johnny asked.