Ch 3: Johnny's Story

Why will you hurt? A question I use to ask myself daily.

I don't know if you guys knew this about me, but I have depression. No, that is not why I am gothic, I just look amazing in black. It's not a way of life, it is a style preference.

Growing up the ticket of beating the emptiness was physical labor. I went against all the advice of everyone and filled that emptiness with money. The saying was "fuck bitches and get money". Unfortunately, I wasn't sleeping because I had three jobs, and girls my age wanted guys twice my age. They usually had more money.

Now why did I need money? Money was the route of all evil. Money was corrupting the educational system.

The college system here is nothing more than organized robbery, as they suck the souls of the youth through their wallets, and call it student loan debt. As the previous generation uses us for legalized slave labor and uses the media to try to convince us that without schooling we do not deserve a liveable wage.

So, why will you hurt?

Your pain fills the pockets of the white-collar class, as you struggle to make ends meet. Your blood, sweat, and tears are nothing more than the paint they use on their canvass of wealth. You are the genuine pig to their next "how to get richer'' scheme. You are being used.

I hurt because that is the overall fate of humanity. As the generation forced to live in the conditions that were made for us, from the mistakes of our ancestors. 

"Good Lord Johnny, who hurt you?" Kenny asked

"The government."

"That wasn't a story that was a depressing ass rant," Sarah stated.

"I understood the assignment," Johnny said.

He was very wrong. Johnny did not understand the assignment.

"Actually he was closer than you were, Sarah?" Johanna pointed out.

"He really wasn't," Sarah argued back.

"Who hurt you?" Kenny yelled this time.

If I may analyze whatever the hell that was. Sarah chose to love her body. She chose the path of self-love.

Whereas Johnny chose the path of blame. He is choosing to blame everyone else for the pain that he is in. He is being forced to live in the conditions placed on him, instead of trying to figure out a way to fix his own issues. Though Johnny isn't wrong, he knows exactly why he is hurting. He just does not know how to fix it. Unfortunately, I cannot talk to explain this to the group so far.

Now Johanna is an interesting one. She is the self-proclaimed leader of this group and she has now decided to set the example. Usually, the person setting the example goes first, but that makes for a boring story with zero drama.