Ch 4: Johanna's Story

When will you dream?

I never stopped dreaming. Even while I am awake I am constantly planning for a better future. Building myself to the highest of my abilities.

I am a woman of culture. I hold myself to the highest standards because no one will hold myself to such a level. Let me tell you a time when the dreaming stopped.

I was at what I believed to be my max potential. I just graduated college for the first time. I created several video games that helped pay for the schooling that Johnny took so much time to bad mouth. I was the creative designer of my time.

I was designing game plans and attempting to sell my dreams to the highest bidder. That's when reality hit me. I was requested to travel halfway across the country for a potential job opportunity from the highest bidder.

Was I really supposed to throw away everything I worked hard for, for a chance of pure happiness? I think not. The possibility of failure was a lot higher than the possibility of success. You cannot put a price on happiness.

So, I had to stop dreaming. Reality needed to take over before my dreams led to self-destruction. I explained to them that unless they can ensure my absolute safety I would not be moving out there. Unless they will help me get back home if I fail, I am not the person they are looking for.

I am my own biggest fan. Who will take care of me if I don't do it?

When will you dream, they ask? When reality is not the better option. 

"Money should never be worth more than your dreams," Johanna concluded her story

"You literally went out of your way to not answer the question," Sarah said.

"Johanna; looks at the question prompt. Johanna then throws the prompt out the window." Kenny teased.

I watched as Johanna smiled, as she was pleased with her work. She understood the assignment; however, she created her own question and answered that instead. Johanna created her own assignment.

"Listen, if I was perfect I would not be in this class with you guys," Johanna said with a laugh. "You can't dream while you are awake."

"Yes, you can. I have night terrors even when the sun is awake." Johnny added.

"Johnny, you need therapy," Sarah said in between claps. "Professional assistance."

"Who needs professional assistance when you have Kenny." Kenny started. "Hang on tight boys and girls because Johanna gave your boy the best question to answer. How will you die? No, the real question is how will you kill."

That is not the question. I have no idea where he would even get that idea from. Wait, is this kid about to tell us a story about him killing someone?