Plus-one

Whenever someone starts a school life, whether it be high school or university, they tend to be shy around the group of new people in their classes, and that's normal.

But there is a difference between all people who go through it, and me... well, my case is a bit strange so to speak. 

''Hey, Loren! You free tomorrow?'' Samira asked, walking up to me right after class had ended. ''maybe... why do you ask?'' I say, trying to avoid eye contact. ''well,'' she said, brushing her auburn hair with her fingers. ''a little birdie told me that Nathan is throwing a party then, and if people want to get in, they must have a plus one...'' I raised an eyebrow, finally looking at her face. ''and... why are you asking me,'' I said, tilting my head a bit. ''wouldn't you rather go with Pierette, or Elaine, or Darren, or literally anybody else but me?'' I said, not giving up the courage to reject her offer. ''well, yes. I would have liked to go with one of those boys, but they already had dates. And I assumed nobody asked you out and I wasn't even sure if you were going, so I decided to ask you.'' I really didn't want to hurt her feelings, I'm kidding, I'm totally okay with that. But, I didn't want to go to that party... but I kind of didn't have a choice.

''listen,'' I told her, scratching the back of my neck. ''I have to go to this party thing either way, but I'll only agree to go with you if you promise me one thing,'' she nodded quickly. ''as soon as I get you in, we avoid each other for the rest of the party, Deal?'' she nodded with a big smile, which sickened me. ''alright... see you there, Samira.'' Without even seeing her wave goodbye, I had already started walking away from her. Just like I wanted to do when she first started talking to me.