remembering

AN: THIS CHAPTER IS VERY... LAZY. I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH INSPIRATION LATELY, SO HERE'S JUST A LAZY CLOSURE TO THIS PART OF THE STORY. Also, you finally get to see what Loren's updated design and his brother look like in the image above! <3

"So..." I said, sipping my tea. "You're.... Leon?" I asked. He nodded. "Yep." "And you're also... My brother?" He nodded again. I scratched my neck. "Why didn't I remember this?"
       "You got knocked out by a blow to the head" he stated, resting his eyes a bit. "But you seem better. Even after loosing your memory, you seem to be in a good mood." I shrugged. "Kind of. Just confused and a little nervous.."

The nurse, who's name I now learned after so many nights spent here, picked up the serving tray with our cups of tea and brought them back inside the staff room. I was in the waiting room of the hospital with my supposed brother. Honestly, I wasn't sure how to feel about this news. Even though I lost my memory, and I'm fully aware that's the truth, it still is weird.
     "All done, Loren." Jacy, the nurse told me. "Leon will take ya' from here darling." She said.
The plan was for Leon to take me back home, or my supposed home. I only agreed because I really had no choice in the matter. 

 ''oh, hang on a moment.'' Leon said as he pulled some clothes out of the backpack he brought. ''here, i brought you these!'' i looked and saw a red shirt with highlights, a yellow sweater, some jeans and boots. ''and... these are my clothes?'' i asked, as i was still a bit confused. he nodded. 

i took the clothes and went inside the bathroom. i came out and back into the waiting room, wearing my clean and -to me- brand new clothes.  ''you look great,'' he says smiling. ''let's get you some fresh air now.'' he leads me outside onto the streets of Lake Tamla, Colorado. i didn't recognize anything. all the shops and attractions outside were all new to me. only one of the shops names' rang a bell. Bubblegum Bitch Candy Store. i only knew that store because one of the other patients at the hospital had talked about how her daughter loved that store, and how she thought it was too mature for her. i don't really know, it was a long and boring story. 

''so... where are we going again?'' i ask as we walked down the street. ''well, back home. it'll take a bit though, we don't live that close to the hospital.'' i followed along the streets. it wasn't very cold outside, just a bit chilly. it was winter... i think. so there was a bit of snow on the floor. i don't really know how long i was stuck in the hospital for, but i'm assuming a few months or so. 

    ''so... do we have parents?'' i asked. his eyes widened. ''mm... we have foster parents.'' he said. ''what about our real parents?'' his expression softened. ''i never told you the truth about what happened to our parents. i always told you, when you were younger, that mom died from a car crash, and dad left us. but...'' he looked away. ''what?'' i say. ''but... mom died from an overdoes on antidepressants.. and dad died from getting electrocuted on the job.'' 

i couldn't feel anything towards whoever our parents were, because i can't remember them, but i tried my best to feel sad about it. though clearly i was not. 

after a long, uncomfortable silence, he spoke up and said we finally arrived 'home.'

Hey everyone! so, sorry about being gone for longer than usual. i've had some very bad mental issues that i had to deal with. im back for a bit. here's this chapter or Abnormal! 

please, if you have suggestions or ideas for the next chapter, PLEASE leave them in the comments, on my conversation board, or DM me. i really need inspiration. anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. also, i wanted to turn this story into a webtoon or an online comic! if you'd be interested in reading that, let me know. it might not happen soon, but it might happen someday ;)  

love you guys! have a fabulous weekend! <3