Part 1: Aim to Engage Contents

This series of shorts are in response to specific prompts for the #AimToEngage2021 contest.

Here, you will find a list of the prompt I responded to (because I need to keep the actual upload to 500 words or under) and whether the story pertains to any characters existing in my current stories.

Story 1: Callie and Lexi's Secret

Prompt: Rumour in this school has it that if you write a secret, put it into the hole of the oldest tree in the school backyard, the next day you will receive a treasure. Many say it works and just as many don't believe. But one day you dared to try yourself. 

Characters: This story links to Callie and Lexi's Kiss List, showcasing a brief instance of them being young (ten-years-old). In no way does it contribute to the plot of the main story, but it does show their characters a bit more.

Story 2: Cupid's Calling

Prompt: You plan to enjoy this holiday season alone. On Christmas night, you are enjoying your hot coffee in the local cafe shop and looking outside the streets. Suddenly, in the reflection of the window, you see a Cupid is floating right above you, aiming the arrow at you. What will you do?

Characters: No link. Original Idea.

Story 3: Once Upon a Bar 

Prompt: Cinderella didn't drop her slippers. Snow White didn't bite the apple. The mermaid didn't switch her tail for legs. Change the climax of the fairytale. Make it funny. Make it realistic. Make it unexpected.

Characters: No link. Original Idea.

Story 4: New Same Year

Prompt: New Year, the time of New Beginnings and when we leave the past behind. But what if instead of stepping into a new year, you keep entering the previous ones? Instead of moving forwards, the years keep moving backwards. 

Characters: No link. Original Idea.