Chapter 2

A/N I forgot to mention that this is my first phanfiction and I probably will suck at it but hey, it's fun to write.
**********
The next morning Dan woke up with a banging headache. He remembered nothing from the night before, so it was a complete shock to him when he saw Phil in his bed and realised they were both naked. His eyes widened as he stared at him. He pulled his covers back slowly, and stood up, trying not to wake a sleeping Phil. He wandered into the bathroom with a lost gaze, and turned the shower on. He needed to think. What did him and Phil do last night? How did it happen? Dan brushed his hair back as he heard the sound of footsteps and a knock on the door. "Dan?" Shouted a frantic Phil. "What did we do last night?"
"I don't know and I don't really care at the moment." Dan retorted, a bit annoyed at Phil, strangely. He had every reason to be shocked and surprised, but no reason to be angry or annoyed at his best friend.

When Dan had finished thinking (and showering obviously), he didn't know what to think of himself as. Suddenly, his phone started ringing. "Hello?" He started. It was PJ. "...Yeah sure come over if you want... I don't mind if you bring Chris, no.... Okay see you in an hour or so. Bye." And he ended the call.

An hour later, Phil had gone out and Dan was in the flat with PJ and Chris, explaining what had happened the night before. "This isn't me!" Dan started, "It isn't who I am! I'm not gay, or bisexual. I'm straight! I don't sleep with guys!"
"Well, Dan, you could very well be. We're not saying anything official, but just think about it. You did say you wanted to kiss Phil, and-" Chris said, before he got interrupted.
"Yes, but I was drunk! Dan Howell does NOT kiss other guys! Like I said, I'm straight."
"Dan, all we're asking you to do is keep calm and think about it. You could be gay, or bisexual or pansexual for that matter. There's nothing wrong with it. We get that you were drunk, and we get that you never intended to sleep with Phil, okay?" PJ said.

"I've already thought about it, I know I'm not gay. I don't love Phil either, and Phil doesn't love me! Last night was a mistake!"

As they heard footsteps come up the stairs, they quickly changed the subject. "Hey Phil!" PJ greeted.
"Hi Phil!" Chris said, and Dan just gave an awkward wave.
"Hey guys... PJ, Chris can I talk to you for a minute?" Phil asked, gesturing towards the door.
"Um.. Yeah sure." Chris agreed.
"Okay." PJ said.

When the three friends reached the kitchen and shut the door, Phil had a big smile on his face, "You'll never guess what happened last night!" He said happily.
"What?" The other two friends said in unison.
"Dan kissed me! ...And did a lot more which I don't really feel comfortable discussing." Phil announced, blushing.

You see, the thing is, Phil loves Dan, and has been in love with him for years, but Dan doesn't know. Nobody knows except for PJ and Chris who swore on their lives they'd never tell anyone. And by that, they meant anyone. Bless him. Phil was so happy and excited, but Dan was annoyed and awkward around Phil. Phil who he'd been best friends with for years.

"Wow... well that's... great I suppose..." PJ said, scratching his neck. Chris looked down and but his lip.
"What? What's going on?" Phil asked, his smile fading.
"What? Uh... Nothing..." Chris replied. Phil's innocent smile immediately came back onto his face.
"I'm guessing we should go back to the lounge then!" Phil decided, swiftly opening the glass door. When they had walked back to the lounge, Dan had made himself comfortable and was watching Death Note, one of his favourite animes. Dan immediately fixed his sloppy posture as his friends walked in. Phil plonked himself right next to Dan, hardly any space between them. "So, what did you talk about girls?" Dan joked.
"Guys I guess." PJ answered, shrugging as Phil blushed and tried to hide his face behind his jet black fringe. Phil had just noticed that Dan hadn't straightened his hair, so he had his hobbit hair. Phil thought it looked extremely cute and started playing with it.

"Phil, what are you doing?" Dan asked, a bit confused.
"Playing with your hair, what does it look like?" Phil giggled like a smitten teenage girl.
"Well, can you stop it? It's kind of annoying." Phil removed his hand instantly, going red from embarrassment. He looked down and but his lip, embarrassed and, to be honest, a little hurt. Dan never minded him playing with his fringe before. Why had that changed? Dan looked at Phil who honestly just looked like he wanted to hide under a rock for the next thirty years he was so embarrassed. "Chris? PJ? Can I talk to Phil alone for a minute?" Dan asked politely. "Yeah, sure." Chris replied, dragging PJ out the room by his hand and shutting the door.

"Phil, do not, under any circumstances, tell anyone about what happened last night. If they asked what happened when we left the party, just say we went home and fell asleep. It was a drunken mistake," Dan said, unaware of how much his words were hurting Phil, "I never meant to sleep with you, and I don't love you, I know you don't love me either. Understood?"
"Understood." Phil said, trying to hold back his tears.

Drunken mistake

I don't love you

Those were the words that would constantly go through Phil's mind. Dan smiled, shuffling away from Phil."I'm glad we got that over with." He said and turned back towards the television.
"Can we come back in now? We're BORED." Phil heard Chris shout.
"Yeah, it's fine now." Dan replied. Chris and PJ walked back into the room. Dan signalled for one of them to sit between him and Phil, so PJ sighed heavily and sat down in the middle of them. Phil's face dropped, as he knew Dan was uncomfortable with this whole thing. Would they ever be as close as they were before last night?

"So what did you two talk about?" PJ finally asked, breaking the silence (with the exception of the TV). Dan bit his lip and looked down. "It's kind of private..." Phil answered, a frown still visible on his face as he blushed. After that they all just kind of sat in silence, Phil blankly staring at the window. Suddenly he felt his phone buzz.

'Phil are you okay?' The text was from Chris. Phil looked at him with his glassy eyes and nodded. Chris knew something was up so he said, "I'm just going to get a drink, does anyone want to come with me?" Phil knew that Chris wanted to talk to him, so he nodded. He followed Chris out the room and soon they were in the kitchen. "Phil, what the fuck is up?" He said, crossing his arms as Phil slowly shut the door.
"Nothing, I'm absolutely fine." He replied, obviously trying to hold back tears. He gave a weak smile and looked down. "Phil," Chris said softly, "I know when something is up with you. What's wrong?" Phil sighed as a single tear rolled down his cheek. "It's Dan," he explained, "When he asked you and Peej to leave the room he wanted to talk to me about what happened last night. He said it was a drunken mistake and he doesn't love me..." Phil's voice trailed off after that as more tears fell down his cheeks. Chris hugged him as Phil buried his face in his shoulder. "Phil stop crying. It's fine." Chris said as PJ walked into the kitchen.

"I thought there was something wrong; you and Phil kinda took a long time," PJ said, "What's going on?" He rubbed Phil's back. Phil was never this upset; never. "Is it something to do with Dan or..?" He asked. Chris nodded.
"D-Dan said that last night was a drunken mistake and that h-he didn't love me." Phil sniffed, eyes red and puffy.
"You really, really like him, don't you?" PJ said in a soft tone of voice. "And you know what? Me and Chris are going to take you out to meet other people."
"We are?" Chris said.
"Yes, we are," PJ replied. "So get ready and try and make it look as if you haven't been crying. Understood?"
"Understood.." Phil answered, wiping tears away from his eyes and drying his blotchy cheeks.
"We'll be back at six." PJ said, opening the door to the kitchen.
"Okay."
"Oh and Phil?"
"Yeah"
"Don't invite Dan." And with that PJ and Chris had left the kitchen and said goodbye to Dan.

************
That took me hours to write (I started it before I published the first chapter) and I think I'm going to update it when I feel like it, so it could take days or hours. I don't even have a clue who I'm talking to, probably nobody going to read it. =^.^=

Buh bye for now then ;D