Chapter Five

Abby follows Owen and Claire through the jungle when they suddenly hear an engine start making them all run and find the garage of the old visitors centre "This one of theirs?" Owen asks holding up a jacket as Abby looks at the old jeeps. "Yeah. That road goes straight back to the park." Claire says motioning to the road that leads away from the garage. "How did they even get one of these things started?" Owen asks looking at one of the jeeps. Abby shrugs "No idea." she responds. Just then they hear the Indominus Rex making them hide behind one of the jeeps, Abby covers her mouth with her mouth to try and hide her breathing from the dinosaur. Suddenly the roof is pulled off making them run out the garage, Claire pulls out the walkie talkie and starts talking into it as they run "Lowery, we found her. South of the Gyrosphere Valley, between the old park and the Aviary." she says. "Wait, are you following the dinosaur?" Lowery asks. "More like she's following us!" Abby exclaims. "Yes. Get ACU out here. Real guns this time." Claire tells him, ignoring Abby. "ACU is airborne. They took the helicopter." he responds. "Who's flying it?" Claire asks. "Mr Masrani." Lowery responds. "He knows how to fly a helicopter?!" Abby asks. "Sort of." Claire responds. "Wow, fills me with confidence that does!" Abby exclaims sarcastically.

The three of them come out the foliage just to see hundreds of dinosaurs flying towards them "Trees, the trees! Go! Go!" Owen exclaims making them run for the trees. "Which way?" Abby asks. "This way. It leads back to the park." Owen responds. Abby nods and follows her brother, Claire right behind her "Come on!" Abby shouts, running to the quad bikes and jumping on one the same time as her brother. "Hey! Get on!" Owen tells Claire, who runs over and jumps on behind him. Abby follows Owen to the path by the mosasaurus enclosure, jumping off and grabbing one of the tranq-guns "Hey, kid. Put that down." One of the ACU officers tells her. "Make me." Abby retorts, beginning to tranquillise the flying reptilians. "Claire, come on!" Owen shouts. Claire jumps on a fallen food stand "Zach! Gray!" she screams, looking for her nephews. "Claire!" Zach shouts as they run over. Owen suddenly gets pinned by a small green dinosaur "Owen!" Abby shouts, going to shoot the dinosaur but being knocked into the water by a different dinosaur. Abby swims to the surface, gasping for air before being knocked unconscious and falling under the water again.

Owen and Claire finishing kissing, Owen looking to the side where Abby had been stood while Claire checks on her nephews "Abby? Abby!" he shouts, looking round. Claire looks over "Owen?" she asks. "Where's Abby?" Owen asks, frantically scanning the crowd. "Hey, the teen we were with, where is she?" Claire asks on of the ACU officers. "She got knocked into the mosasaurus enclosure." he responds. Owen's face drops as he runs to the side and looks in the water, spotting Abby "Abby!" he shouts, climbing over the fence and diving into the water. "Owen!" Claire exclaims. Owen swims down to Abby and pulls her to the surface "Help me get her out!" he tells the ACU officers. An officer runs over and helps Owen pull Abby out the water before helping Owen out, Owen carries Abby under cover and lies her down, brushing her wet hair out of her face "Abby? Abby! Come on sweetheart!" he pleads, beginning cpr. Claire puts her hand over mouth, tears pooling in her eyes "Come on Abby!" Owen begs, tears in his own eyes. Abby suddenly splutters, water coming from her mouth and nose "I got you Abby." Owen soothes, putting her on her side as she coughs. "Ow-en?" Abby asks hoarsely. "It's alright. I got you." he tells her, kissing her forehead and picking her up "We need to get out of here." he tells Claire who nods in response.

Abby sits in the back of a jeep, between Claire's nephews, Owen and Claire in the front "Lowery, I'm on my way back to you." Claire speaks into the radio. "That's a bad idea. The board assigned emergency ops to iNGen's private security division. This guy Hoskins is in charge. And he has this insane plan to use the Raptors to hunt the Indominus." Lowery responds. "What do you mean 'use the Raptors'?" Claire asks. "Son of a bitch!" Owen and Abby glare. "You shouldn't say bitch." Gray tells them. "Take the kids. Get them someplace safe." Owen tells Claire. The gates in front of them suddenly bursts open making Owen start reversing "You got this!" "Go faster!" "Damn it, drive!" "This does not feel safe." the boys, Claire and Abby all shout. "Can we stay with you?" Gray asks. "I am never leaving you as long as you live." Claire tells them. "No, him." Zach says, motioning to Owen. "Yeah, definitely him." Gray nods. "Owen, get me too my babies. Now." Abby tells her brother. "On it mama." Owen responds, beginning to drive to the raptor enclosure.