Chapter Eight

They all get out of the building into the main area of the park, the Indominus appearing out of nowhere. The four Raptors roar at her as they stand protectively in front of Abby "Get behind me and get ready to run, my babies are going to attack her when I give the go ahead." Abby tells the others. "Abby." Owen warns. "I'll be fine, I'll catch you up." Abby responds. Owen hesitantly nods "Over to the right of us, the shop is unlocked." he says, noticing the door open. "Now!" Abby shouts, the Raptors pouncing as the others run. Abby waits a minutes before running after her brother, Claire and Claire's nephews "We need more." Gray says. "More what?" Claire asks. "Teeth. We need more teeth." Gray responds. "Get Rexy, she's about the same size." Abby tells her. Nodding, Claire grabs a flare and walkie talkie "Okay, so you just wait here. It's gonna be fine." she tells her nephews before running off. Abby looks out as she hears one of the Raptors yelp slightly "Don't even think about it Abby." Owen tells her. Abby smiles weakly before jumping up and over the counter "Abby!" Owen shouts, trying to grab her. Ignoring her brother, Abby runs over to Echo "Hey baby, come one. Up you get." she says, gently helping the Raptor up. Echo nuzzles into her and gently pushes her back towards the shop.

Before Abby can go back to the shop, the Indominus appears and swipes he out the way with her tail. Abby goes flying across the main area of the park, smashing through a window of a shop "Abby!" Owen shouts, being blocked as the Indominus hooks a claw on Gray's fanny strap. Zach manages to unhook it as Claire arrives with Rexy, the T-Rex smashing through the skeleton as she roars at the Indominus. The two large dinosaurs start fighting, Rexy being pushed to the ground "Run!" Claire shouts. "Go! Go, go!" Owen tells the boys, making them run in front of him as the Raptor's start attacking the Indominus with Rexy. The Indominus gets pushed over to the lagoon, the mosasaurus shooting out the water and dragging her in. The Raptors immediately run to where Abby was thrown "Abby." Owen says, dropping his gun and following after the four Raptors.

Abby lies on the floor, a large shard of glass sticking out her chest with another shard lodged in her arm. Owen runs over "Hey, hey, you're going to be alright." he tells her. "M-My b-babies..." Abby chokes. "The four of them are alright, they're right here." Owen assures her, pulling off his jacket and using it to try and stop the bleeding. Blue chuffs and gently nudges Abby's good arm, Abby smiling weakly as her eyes roll "Hey, no, eyes open Abs. Keep them open for me baby." Owen tells her. Claire runs in and gasps "Zach, keep Gray out of here." she tells her eldest nephew as she runs to Abby's side "What can I do?" she asks. "Get a med evac here." Owen responds, ripping Abby's flannel. Claire nods and uses the walkie talkie as Owen uses the piece of material as a tourniquet, Abby crying out in pain "I know baby, I know." he soothes, tying it tightly. The four Raptors chuff slightly "I'm o-okay babies." Abby tells them weakly. Owen puts more pressure on Abby's chest, Abby crying out again "Ssh, I know it hurts baby. I'm sorry. I know baby, you just need to stay awake for me. Stay awake Abby." Owen tells her, tears in his eyes.

Claire puts the walkie talkie down "They're on their way." she tells Owen. "Abby, you need to get your babies to leave. Help's coming and we don't want them to hurt your babies." Owen tells her. "Babies, home." she tells them. Delta, Charlie and Echo run out the shop and stop outside, Blue chuffing at Abby "I'm okay baby, go home." Abby tells her. Blue nuzzles her gently before running off with her sisters in tow. Owen blinks back tears as he sees the amount of blood pooling round Abby "O-Owen... I-I'm sc-scared... I-I..." Abby chokes, blood coming from her mouth. "You don't need to be, you're going to be fine. You hear? Absolutely fine." Owen tells her. Abby chokes again on more blood, tears falling as she struggles to breathe "Hey, you're alright. You're alright baby. Stay with me Abby, come on." Owen tells her. A group of men suddenly rush in, immediately going to Abby's side "Owen, let them take over." Claire tells him, gently pulling him away. Owen moves out the way, shaking as he looks at the blood on his hands.