Caught

Cross froze... as Dream said that. Dream then smirked. "Heh, you really are making this difficult... aren't you." Dream said waiting a couple second before sighing. "Huh, fine... I'll give you to the count of five to come out. If I say five well... I'll come and get you myself." Dream said waiting another couple seconds to see if cross would surrender and just come out. Cross stayed hidden though... not wanting to give up and just too frozen in fear to do anything. Dream then shrugged before holding up a finger.

"1..."

Cross stayed still...

Dream held up another finger his voice getting the slightest bit louder and more demanding. "2..."

Cross started to feel sweat dripping down his skull... he still didn't budge.

Dream scowled not liking how resistant this person was. He held up another finger. "3..."

Cross trembled and took a step backward making the leaves under his feet crunch... letting dream now know almost exactly where he was. "Shit." Cross muttered.

Dream hesitated before putting another finger up raising his voice.

"...4"

Cross tried to move again, but found out he was frozen once more. He felt tears slip down his face as he stared in terror at dream.

Dream grinned sadistically before raising his fifth finger.

"5-"

Right when he said that dream disappeared much like reaper did, and cross ran not feeling frozen like before. Cross then heard footsteps behind him. Cross knew it was dream, so in a burst of energy he ran towards the castle. He might be able to lose dream in the winding halls of the castle, and he might miraculously find one of the crew members... if they didn't get killed or abandoned the giant castle itself. Cross sprinted through the halls still hearing footsteps. After a couple minutes of running he heard Dream speak. "You can't run forever... just give up now!" Cross didn't listen to him though and kept running. Cross started to feel tired soon enough though... losing momentum and energy quickly. He then took sharp turns trying to see if there was anywhere he could hide from dream quickly. Finding nothing he kept on making sharp turns sometimes hitting the wall with his shoulder. He eventually turned and yelped when he saw a limp person on the ground... they were impaled with a sword and his throat was slit.

Cross recognized the person. He was a boy with jet black hair and green eyes. Cross recalled seeing him a couple times on the ship, but otherwise he didn't really know him.

Cross kept running though hearing dreams footsteps ringing through the hallway. Cross eventually made it to the end of the hallway. Cross looked around not finding any exit, but slightly relaxed when he didn't hear any footsteps. Now he knew why that boy was dead. He was probably was in the same situation as he was, but didn't get such a lucky result. He lightly jogged feeling like he would collapse any second. Cross stopped though when he felt something grip the back of shirt. He held his breath knowing exactly who it was. He heard soft panting and his voice. "Told you couldn't run forever... now turn around." Dream said demandingly. Cross started shaking before slowly turning around keeping his head down. Dream seemed to stiffen. "Now... pick up your head." Dream demanded a little shakily. Cross slowly picked his head up making Dream gasp. "This... can't be real... you... died." Dream said lifting his hand up to cross rubbing his scarred cheek. "You are cross... right?" Dream asked his voice getting softer. Cross frowned not answering making Dream angry. "Answer me when I ask you something!" Dream yelled making cross flinch. "Y-yes! I-I am! I'm s-sorry!" Cross yelped gritting his teeth so he wouldn't scream. Dream seemed to relax and he hugged cross. "Oh how I missed you!" Dream said making cross whimper. Cross wasn't scared of many people, but Dream... he terrified him.

"Oh, we must catch up! How about you stay with me until this is over?" Dream said knowing cross wouldn't dare say no. Cross gulped inhaling shakily before nodding his head looking at his feet once again. They then heard more footsteps. Cross felt a spark of hope... maybe someone would save him." Dream growled stepping in front of cross... hiding him. Cross felt ecstatic when he saw who was making the footsteps. It was killer... killer stopped right when he saw Dream. "Uh... wrong turn?" Killer said nervously... the statement sounding more like a question. Dream growled again and surprisingly didn't kill him. "Get out." Dream growled. Cross then moved making a footstep echo through the hallway. Dream glared at him before looking back at killer. Killer tilted his head. "Who's behind you?" Killer asked skeptically. "Nothing, now get lost." Dream said surprising cross. Dream would never do this for someone not only giving them one chance, but two chances to leave before he did something bad to them. Cross then peeked around dream so killer could see him. Killer spotted him almost immediately and his eyes widened. "C?" Killer asked. Dream was confused before seeing what cross was doing. He whipped around to cross. "You idiot! I was hiding you for a reason!" Dream yelled at him before a smack rang out in the halls.

Cross held his cheek. Dream just hit him... well one thing is for sure... he never changed. Killer was very worried for the smaller, and he started to near cross but then dream glared at him. "Leave!" Dream yelled at killer. Killer seemed to finally listen because he dashed off down the hall. Cross was surprised but also a little hurt. He was surprised Dream didn't kill him or at least severally injure him, but he was also hurt because killer just ran off and left him here alone with Dream. Dream turned his glare back at cross, and grabbed his shirt yanking him down a hall.

"Your coming with me, Cross."

                          ————————————

14