Chapter 1: Nightmares, murderes and knifes?

When i awoke, I was confronted by the glaring white of the antivoid. Two thoughts where spinning around my skull; how long was I out? And why was I out?

Eventually, my eyes adjust and the pain in my soul was able to clear up one of my questions. Why was I out, I had failed to protect the multiverse and now I was sick. As for how long I don't think that I will ever get that answer as time is irrelevant in this white void. Because I have been passed out, I now need to asses the damage. See what aus have been created and what needs to be destroyed. The further that I search, the more I realise that I had been out of it for a lot longer that I initially thought.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me today. 12 new aus need space to grow plus 148 copies need to be destroyed. That's only today's work; the back log is 4357 aus and copies. This seams impossible and I have no one to help. Nobody to heal my wounds, nobody to console me during a panic attack. Nobody to call a friend.

With a deep breath I manage to pull myself from my thoughts and calm myself down. I need to start, in burning daylight and the longer I stand here not destroying the further behind I get. Just before I go out to start my day I need to check my soul.

Gently, I summon my soul and what I see is not comforting. My soul, I with thousands of hairline fractures. Barely staying together. This is not good. Unfortunately the only thing that I can do is try and hold it together with my strings. Damm this sickness is not going to beat me before I save the multiverse.

With a heavy heart and a deep breath, I enter the first au to be destroyed.

I was in so much pain and my breathing became laboured. Everything was a blur. At this point I have no idea how many aus I had destroyed; I lost count at 450. I was ahead of schedule yet so far behind on the amount needed fo the multiverse to be stable. I think that I found my limit today.

My head is on fire and the world is spinning. I try to bring myself back by focusing on a tree or building but they all seem to merge into one. One moment I'm looking at a fir tree and the next is a broken building. Currently my only hope is for Ink to not show up and to head back to the antivoid. But Lady Luck is never on my side and soon the familiar sound of an inky portal opening cuts through the dizzying static.

An intense stare of determination and fury plastered across his face. The rage evident in his eyes. Seeing this I knew that I wasn't getting out of this scot free.I pondered my options, which were limited, attack of flee. Flee was seeming to be the best outcome but before I could finalise that decision, an arrow came flying by my head. "Don't you even think about running away Error, you disappear for a week and then come back only to destroy 528 of my perfect creations. What were you thinking?!"
Ink yelled at me in a fit of rage almost readying his attack before hearing me out.

I my fuzzy state of mind I came back at him with a very stupid response. "First of all thank you for letting me know how long I was out for, second their not perfect they are suffering and causing pain" 'to me' I whispered that last part but neither of them heard.

That seemed to piss them off as all three of the star Sanses as not long after they charged at me. I was in no condition to fight but what choice did I have. So, I readied my strings and prepared for the worst. This was not going to end well.

Attacks were everywhere and I was not faring well. I felt just about ready to pass out when a barrage of knifes came raining down from the sky. I was on guard, after just being attacked and being ill I knew if this new person attacked me I would be defenceless. However, thanks to those knifes, the star Sanses fled leaving me alone. Then I collapsed. Exhaustion caught up with me and there was now nothing I could do to defend myself against this new possible foe. Their moved closer, each footstep echoing on my mind. Each step taken closer to me brought a new wave of anxiety.

My mind was all jumbled with sickness and panic, it was running a hundred miles an hour. There was nothing I could do but try to stay awake. This was it the end of me and the multiverse. Someone please save me...

But nobody came.

"Look here boys, we have a defenceless destroyer on our hands."

And with that I gave into the sickness and passed out. If I was going to die i at least want it to be peaceful.

This we new, I had never seen the destroyer up close but he seemed different that what everyone made home out to be. His bones were said to be as dark as the midnight sky but this skeleton i front of me has chalky gray bones at best. There is two possibilities for that one, he is either covered in monster dust or he's sick.

This skeleton is intriguing and I gave the command for the boys to take him back to the base. I will finally solve the mystery of the infamous destroyer of worlds.

Once we were back we placed the passed out destroyer in the dungeon. After all we didn't save him out of the goodness of our hearts plus, he could be a danger to my boys and I don't want them to get hurt. I care about them too much for that to happen. I would never let them know that, I would never live it down. Doesn't matter at the moment I need to get back to the matter at hand; getting answers from the destroyer. Much to my surprise, that wouldn't take long.

Off in the distance, a yelp of pain could be heard followed by the sounds of I'm guessing Cross yelling that he was awake. Rushing through the midnight black halls, I made my way to the dungeons, I couldn't let this skeleton hurt my family. I had to get there first. Now that your awake, let the question begin.

Once we were all at the dungeons, we made our way to his cell. With me at the lead and my boys behind me we cautiously approached. But, what we saw was not expected. He was balled up in the corner like a feral animal."So destroyer" I started "do you have a name?" That seemed to throw him off as if he's never been asked that. He looked at us and sat there pondering for a minute before uttering his reply. "That depends on what side you're on" now that was a peculiar question. I had never really considered us to have a side. "You could say that we are the on the side against Ink and the council" I have no idea why this was my reply. It just felt right.

We were lingering on his every breath, waiting for him to answer. It was almost as if he was purposefully leaving us hanging. Then he spoke in a hushed voice "Most call me Error for obvious reasons, but my name is actually String. You can all me either" When he said that he was called string his emotions were all over the place. Fear, hesitation and sadness. It was almost as if he hadn't said that name in a long time. If I want to get more out of him, it's in our best interests to make home comfortable around us. I glanced at my boys to see if they were of the same opinion and it seemed as if they were all on board.

"Well then Error, welcome to our gang of misfits. I hope we can get along"