CHAPTER 2

She nodded but still seemed to struggle. "Trust me," you said quietly, covering her ears and making her whole body relax. As the noise stopped, you sat on Glacier's back and flew closer to the village, seeing if you could help out without being noticed.

That night, you were behind the dining hall's door, listening to the Vikings inside. They were trying to get back into the mood of Snoggletog. You quickly stepped back when the teens exited the hall. You went on Glacier's back again and followed them, using rooftops.

It was sad to see them sad but you had to head back to the hideout for the day.

***

Next day, you left Glacier at the hideout and went to the village by yourself. Before that though, you made her promise she won't go anywhere.

You snuck around the houses, spectating as Astrid was trying to get people to drink 'yaknog' as she called it.

You chuckled at Snotlout's face after he drank it. He seemed disgusted.

After that, you followed Astrid to where Hiccup was, making a tail fin for Toothless that he could maybe control himself.

You smiled at the thought realising just how much Hiccup cared for Toothless.

***

As Astrid ran away, you watched Hiccup spit out all the yaknog. You chuckled slightly. It must be really bad.

***

Watching how Hiccup tried to get the new tail on Toothless, a bang of guilt for stalking went through your body. You quickly brushed it off. I need to be there if they ever need help. Besides - it's not like I'm following them all the time.

At first, Toothless didn't seem to like the new tail but when it did what his other tail fin did, he stopped thrashing around.

You watched with a smile. Well, that is until Toothless flew away. That made you widen your eyes and actually come to the realisation that Glacier might've flown away.

At that thought, you bolted back to your hideout, happy to find a sleeping Glacier.

You sat down next to her, letting her sleep. I'm not leaving your side from now on. Just in case.