.prologue

Carter hastings. a name broadcasted everywhere

carter hastings. a name used as an analogy to all wrong actions

carter hastings. a name i used to scream at night

carter hastings. a man painfully driven by love

love.

it's a word with different meanings, different attributes, different qualifications.

some are well versed in love, others don't yet know what it means.

some think they have it, when they really don't.

I have a story of one, an interesting man, his mind so beautifully tainted. fully believed that he had found his one true love, he would do anything to have her.

so blinded he never once stopped himself to think about what love truly is. he felt that he always knew.

He felt as though any interupting factor in love was a threat to fate.

fate.

he believed as though they were soulmates. a bond untouchable. meant to be together.

any time his love disobeyed him, disagreed with him, worked against him, he saw that as the world's fault. he could never put the blame onto her. To him, it was physically impossible for her to do wrong.

her.

me.

My name is cecelia emery, i always saw love as a healthy passion, loyalty, fun, happiness. Though ive rarley had good experiences with it myself, i never knew it could drive someone so insanse. that one could paint so many tragedies in the name of love.

insane.

I could always see it faintly in his face, his eyes, his smile, his mannerisms.

Im a criminal psychiatrist, how could i not see it.

and thats when the monster himself told me, "did you really not see it, or were you just too afraid to look?"