chapter 1

"hey journal, guess what happened in just this past year, it's a long story get ready for a wild ride" ~james

-

"moony i swear to merlins bloody ball sack if you don't get up" james complained taking the pillow away from the sandy haired boys head.

lupin groaned before rolling to the other side "remu get up" sirius called from the bathroom door toothbrush hanging out of his mouth

"no" the werewolf responded plainly before sitting up and rubbing his face with his hands "hmph"

"uniform now" remus groaned again before lifting himself up and making his way to the bathroom pulling sirius in with him.

"ewwww" peter squealed from his bed pulling his socks on. james smiled and ruffled the shorter boys hair.

-

"come on we are going to be late you tossers" lupin complained to the three boys who couldn't stop laughing and making jokes all the way down to the dungeons.

"oh come on slugs won't too mad" james smiled when remus rolled his eyes

"yeah sluggy is my bae he won't give me a detention" sirius gave a cheeky grin to the boy taller boy who gasped dramatically and put a hand over his mouth.

"oh no he didn't" peter teased looking between the two boys, james chucked lightly.

"i mean i don't know if i can blame you" lupin slug an arm over sirius' shoulder bringing his face into remus' chest. the boys started laughing but were soon interrupted by someone quietly clearly their throat

"excuse me" the four boys turned around to see a boy with black curly hair adavanced potions books in hand and an almost terrified looking on his face "i need to get through here" his gaze looked over all the boys and immediately stiffened as his eyes roamed over his older brother.

james moved to one side out of pure respect peter and remus taking after this motion.

sirius stood off to the other side glaring at the boy walking past. regulus kept his straight posture making sure his eyes stayed straight ahead shifting his books from one arm to the other under the eyes of the four older boys he knew were all watching him.

"bloody snake" sirius muttered watching the younger boy turn into the potions classroom.

"he was just walking" remus replied shrugging his shoulders looking over to the other to boys to see what they had to say. james just shrugged back at him.

"oh so now you're siding with my brother great, next thing i know one of you is going to be dating him" sirius looked at peter "well probably moons or prongs"

peter nodded, he had come out as asexual to them months ago

"calm down pads" james chuckled "are all blacks this dramatic cause if so i won't be going after your brother"

"what was that prongs?" sirius insisted cupping his hand to his ear to hear james better.

"don't worry he has lily" remus reassured him wrapping his arms around sirius' shoulders from behind leaning his head on the shorter boys shoulder "maybe" he mumbled to sirius who laughed quietly

"pads you know i'm joking right, i'm straight" james commented cracking a smile.

"you better be joking" sirius stuck his tongue out at james childishly, james showed him a finger.

"so immature" peter huffed walking into the potions class the three other boys following along in line.

they were late to potions that day.