chapter 3

"where are you going?" regulus groaned and let go of the door handle and turned to his best friend barry

"why does it matter" barty raised an eyebrow and regulus realized he said the wrong thing "you act like i'm going to do drugs"

barty pulled a face "what are those?"

"something people take i'm not really sure apparently they are bad but i heard lucius talking about them" barty nodded before turning back on regulus.

"stop trying to change the subject" barty said accusingly "are you going to study in the library with potter again, i mean come on you've been pinning after him for so long make a move do something, anything!"

regulus rolled his eyes "i have not been 'pinning' over him" regulus made quotations with his fingers over the words pinning. "i called him attractive once or twice"

"once or twice a day?"

"shut it!"

"mh make me" barty smirked

"in your dreams" regulus muttered before grabbing his books and opening the dorm door "shouldn't you be snogging that pettigrew boy who is always tagging along with potter?" regulus didn't wait for bartys response instead he slipped through the door

as regulus walked down the hall he took his time swaying from side to side, skipping when he was sure no one was around.

by the time he got to the library he was out of breath.

he stood outside the library for a second, composing himself before opening the silent library.

this time it wasn't busy at all especially for a wednesday evening but regulus still walked to the back of the library and to the table behind all the shelves.

he smiled to himself when he saw james hunched over his work writting vigorously.

regulus decided against clearing his throat and just said "excuse me" quietly.

james looked up immediately and met regulus' eyes.

"may i sit here?" regulus pointed to the seat opposite of james.

"yeah i don't mind" james smiled lightly to the younger boy.

regulus' face heated up a little making a pink color dust his nose. he wanted to make james smile again james had a beautiful smile. he quickly hid it in one of his books. why the hell would he say that? weird.

the two worked in silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence more like a comforting silence.

"er- regulus" james muttered. regulus looked up and nodded for the older boy to continue "can you- if you are not busy of course, help me with this potions essay?"

"yeah i can do that"

"brilliant"

regulus shifted james paper and his potions book to where he would see it.

"i cant see it now," james chuckled. james shifted it back over to him.

"potter!" regulus accused. james sighed sliding his books over to regulus' side and sitting down in the chair next to him.

regulus took a sharp intake of breath before turning to james. "you needed help with?"

james pointed at his essay "what spell do you use if your potion is about to blow up i can't think of it" he replied sheepishly.

"confringo?"

"yes! that's it yes thank you, merlin i could kiss you right now thank you regulus" james smiled at the younger boy dipping his quill in ink before going to write more of his essay.

regulus smiled at the curly haired boy before returning to his work.

he pondered what james told him. 'merlin i could kiss you right now' that's not good boys shouldn't be kissing boys. wrong. it was fun to talk about but not right.

"prongs come on we gotta go-" sirius stopped talking and briskly stared at the situation in front of him "what's this?" mild concern taking over his voice.

"right i should be going now, goodnight potter," regulus muttered before quickly standing up with his books and rushing out of the library.

"what was that" sirius demanded as soon as regulus was out of sight.

"nothing, pads i can assure you nothing is going on with your brother and i" james exclaimed.

"there better not be im trusting you," sirius gave a hard glare before it cracked into a smile.

"come on we shouldn't leave moony hanging"

a/n
somehow i already managed to post late