☀️🔪Dinner

She/her
You and Camilo are both 20

Y/ns POV

I fixed my hair in the mirror and made sure I looked my best. Tonight was the dinner for me and Camilos engagement and I was extremely nervous to say the least.

My mama walked in and placed her hand on her heart while looking at me lovingly.
"You look beautiful mija... God your so grown!" She said holding back tears before getting out a box from behind her back.

"This was the ring I wore when I had my first date with your father... I wanted you to wear it on yours but I couldn't find it until now."

It was a simple gold band with an emerald in the middle. It wasn't much but I could tell it had a lot of history behind it.
"Mama... you shouldn't have." I say playing it ontop of my engagement ring Camilo used to propose to me.

"It's close to time, we should start to head to the Madrigals Casita." My mom said taking my hand and walking out the door to my father who looked like he was about to cry when he say me.
"Papa, it's ok I'm not getting married right now! It's just dinner, what could go wrong?" I say holding both of their hands as we walked up to the home.

Before we made it to the door, Abuela Alma opened it happily. After the whole miracle breaking thing she's been a lot more laid back with expectations. She's much older now and walks with a cane, she's still healthy and strong but age is taking its toll on her.

She shook hands with my Mama then my Papa before welcoming us inside.
Colorful plants where grown everywhere and the house smelled delicious, making my mouth water.

She walked us over to the dinning room where Camilo and Dolores where talking.
They noticed us walking in, Camilo immediately shaking hands and greeting my parents with a " Goody Two-Shoes" act.

He stopped when he saw me, his posture slouched a little and his head leaned to the side giving a puppy dog reaction to its owner coming home. His face melted into one of aw before pulling me into a kiss, holding my hands as he was doing so.

Dolores cleared her throat grabbing our attention before gesturing at the table.
She had a belly bump where she and Marianos child was, she'd married him a year ago and she was 6 months into her pregnancy.
I sat inbetween Camilo and my mom as more madrigals entered the dinning hall greeting us nicely.

Juliette came in with the help of Mirabel and Bruno carrying huge plates of tons of food.
Everyone got settled as Abuela began to talk,
"Thank you, L/ns for coming I am extremely proud and happy for Camilo and Y/n. I've seen you both grow and I couldn't be happier to call you family, Y/n." She said smiling making my heart melt.

Camilo took his hand in mine as he smiled at me, rubbing his thumb against my knuckles.
We all cheered and began to eat, Camilo stuffing his face at the taste of the good food.
I rubbed his back to make him slow down and he awkwardly smiled whipping away the food from his mouth.

Small talk was heard here and there before I looked down a small rat began to climb up my leg.

I gave a small scream standing up surprisingly as it climbed to my hand and nagging at my mother rings. More rats ran onto me and under the table and everyone panicked, my mother standing up with my father trying to shoo it away.

Camilo helped to and everyone started to panic, small clouds coving us and everyone tried to help.

"ANTONIO TALK TO THE RATS!!" Camilo screamed. The one on my hand pulled off my green ring, cutting my finger with its teeth along the way making me yelp in pain.
It ran to Bruno, putting it down near him as he scolded the rat, picking it up and putting it away from the table.
The rats stopped climbing and ran off when an angry Antonio screamed at them.

"My ring!! Thief!!!" She cried out pointing to bruno and the rat.
"Mami calm down!!" I say as she took notice the blood on my finger.
"Whay is with this family.!?! " She screamed as she took my hand, desperately trying to stop the bleeding.

"I'm sorry!! I trained them to bring me pieces of my visions I may have broke! Your ring had an emerald so they just assumed-" Suddenly it it began to rain and thunder as Felix trying to calm his wife down.

Dolores was clearly overwhelmed by the noise so Mariano helped her up and walked out quickly to go somewhere quiet.

"No not again!" Mirabel whispered, loud enough that my Papa snapped.
"AGAIN?!" He raised his voice.
"I am taking my daughter away from this!" My Papa said, grabbing my injured hand and my Mama wrist before pulling us out of the house.
Camilo and others called out for us as we continued to walk away fast.

"Papa, mama! Calm down please it was a simple misunderstanding!! The madrigals would never hurt us!" I say as we stepped back into our house, our clothes still soaking wet.
My mama simply shook her head sighing before my father started talking.

"I know. You love Camilo and his family... we care for them too, but tonight CLEARLY wasn't a good night to be near them." He said angrily stomping to his and mama's shared bedroom.

I caught my mother sadly staring at her ring finger before walking to grab a med kit.
She pulled out a bandage wrap and gauze before disinfecting my hand.

"Mami... I'm sorry about your ring. I'll get it back tomorrow." I explain as she finishes up wrapping my finger.
She looked up at me with sad eyes before giving a small nod.
"I'm going to change before I get sick honey, and you should too." She whispered before walking into her room where dad was.

Tommrow was going to be a nightmare to deal with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to make another part related to this!! (Hint: sick Y/n 😋)