New Year's Special

Requested by @urstruly

Title: Resolutions

Note: happy new year's eve! tell me what ur resolution is. mine is that i want to buy a top hat.

"Guys, why isn't the channel on?" I asked as I dove into the lair, immediately making my way to the kitchen to put down the bags I had in my arms. Mikey and Raph followed me in as Donnie and Leo got to my request, searching for the t.v. channel that would allow us to hear the countdown that everyone watched on New Year's Eve.

"So, Mikey and Raph- what are y'all's resolutions?" I asked the two as I began getting things out of the bags, setting them aside for when the countdown was closer. For now, we still had twenty minutes to prepare and wait for April and Casey to show up.

And the boys still had to decide who was going to be brave enough to wake Splinter up from his sleep in fifteen so he could at least sit with us while we watched the ball drop.

"My resolution is to be more awesome. Oh, wait." Raph pretended to wipe dust from his shoulders as he gave me a smirk and walked away, whistling. Wow. I turned to Mikey.

"What about you, Mike? Anything you want to try in the new year?" I asked as I leaned over the counter to look at him. He hummed and put a hand up to his chin to think, staring up at the ceiling.

"I want to eat more pizza!" He finally exclaimed as he threw his hands onto the table with an audible "smack" that scared me a little.

"Mikey, you eat a lot of pizza. And you want to eat more?"

"I don't think you understand how much I love pizza, (y/n)." He stared at me with no emotion on his freckled face, "I want to become pizza." Eyes widening, I gave a thumbs-up and a muttered "great" as he turned and flounced away, singing a song as Leo and Donnie took their turn with me in the kitchen as I opened the second bag and searched for the paper bowls I had bought earlier.

"Resolutions?" I asked the two as they sat in front of me, resting their arms on the bar.

"Get more sleep. Either that or buy more variations of coffee." Donnie said after a second thought and I nodded in understanding, already thinking about the three types of coffee I had stored in my apartment.

"Leo?" I asked as I turned to said turtle, opening the grapes and pulling them out.

"I think I want to-" He was cut off by two voices yelling out greetings as they made their way deeper into the lair.

"Hey, guys!" I shouted as I counted people in my head, making sure I had eight bowls. April and Casey came into the kitchen a few seconds later, giving around hugs and hey's as they both hugged me at the same time.

"So, resolutions?" I asked as I smiled at them, handing April a grape vine to help me put into bowls.

"Uh, spend more time with my dad and make more friends." April said as she smiled at me from where she was plucking grapes with her long fingers.

"Catch more bad guys!" Casey whooped from behind Leo and Donnie as he lifted his hockey stick above his head.

"Casey, c'mon. We invited you here tonight- not the vigilante." I shook my head as Casey sheepishly walked off to the bathroom, hopefully to clean his face and put away his gear.

"How much time is left on the timer?" April shouted to Mikey and Raph, who were both in the living room. Seeing as Mikey was trying to put four slices of pizza down his throat, Raph rolled his eyes and looked away from his magazine as he squinted at the t.v.

"Thirteen!"

"You guys better start deciding who is gonna wake up Splinter. We all know that involves rock, paper, scissors and a wrestling match." I sighed with a smile as Leo and Donnie booked it into the living room, shouting for the other two to join them.

"So, resolution?" April gave me a smirk and a side-eye as I smiled from where I was cutting up pieces of cheese for Splinter's bowl.

"Uh, I don't know honestly. Resolutions are a little stressful, aren't they? And they usually never work out anyways. We always give up after a few days so it doesn't matter." I shook my head and was startled when April sidled up to me, humming as she stared at me.

"So why not tell him that you like him and make the relationship your resolution?" I choked and glared at her as I smacked her shoulder while she giggled and picked up a couple of bowls, making her way to the living room.

"I'm just saying, (y/n). You never know." She winked as she disappeared from my view. I sighed.

"So, who was the lucky turtle?" I asked as I walked into the living room with mine and Splinter's bowls in hand, smiling at everyone.

"Mikey." Everyone said in unison as said turtle pouted with his bowl in hand. I shook my head and giggled as I made my way over to Splinter and held his bowl out.

"I put some cheese in there for you." I winked as he nodded in thanks and took it from me. Shuffling quickly, I took a seat between Casey and Leo, who both stared at the t.v. as everyone began preparing for the countdown that was going to happen in thirty seconds.

"So, any last minute thoughts for an old year?" April spoke up and I pondered, sucking in my cheeks and grinning.

"Nope."

"I don't think so."

"No way. This year can su-"

"My resolution is to spend more time with my family." Splinter said warmly and everyone awed as we turned to the t.v., where the countdown was beginning.

10

We all stood up and watched as the ball began dropping slowly.

9

The boys began whooping.

8

Casey and Donnie began moving closer to April, hoping for the New Year's kiss.

7

Mikey moved closer to Raph

6

Splinter stood and put his arms around the orange and red turtles

5

Everyone set their grapes down to hold someone.

4

I looked around, not knowing what to do with my hands.

3

Leo laced our fingers together.

2

I looked at him and he looked down at me.

1

We leaned in.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year indeed.

what do u think leo's resolution was?