Chapter 1: The True Hero of Endgame

"Tony!" Ashley screamed. Tony was fighting Thanos, the horrifying big purple grape alien. She herself was fighting at least three of the army at once.

When she looked back at Tony, it was obvious to see he was losing. So, Ashley ran forward as Thanos threw Tony back to the floor. She did what she had to: she ran and attacked Thanos, she could hear her blood rushing through her ears as she threw him back with wind. Thanos stood still and his attention went to Ashley. He finally threw Ashley harshly against the floor, before looking back at the sky.

He brought his fingers together, about to snap them. "I am...inevitable." Thanos snapped his fingers. Ashley noticed that Tony had the stones in his grasp.

"TONY NO!" Ashley screamed as she ran and grabbed the stones. Tony then looked around and gasped in shock, his hand now holding the quartz that helps her control her powers. "ASHLEY!"

The stones gave a shock to Ashley's body as they were absorbed into her skin, only the tips of them showing through. She cried out in pain and through gritted teeth, she looked at Thanos and smirked.

"And I... am... an Avenger."

And she snapped her fingers, but instead of instant death or massive injuries, she gasped as her body lit up on fire, a blue bird surrounding her as it created a giant blast, knocking Tony away, hitting a rock which knocked him unconscious. That was the last thing Ashley saw; Tony closing his eyes, as her hand absorbed parts of each of the Infinity Stones.

That was all in the Endgame, all of this a year ago

Although she could remember it as if it were only yesterday.

She woke up with sweat trailing down her back, breathing heavily. That was all she ever had when she slept; the horrible memory after fighting Thanos.

She had been an Avenger since she was 12, thanks to her mother, Natalia Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff, who had found Ashley abandoned somewhere in a mountain. And so, she grew to train as an assassin, but when her powers came along, they immediately went to ask Tony Stark for something to help control her powers. That was when the quartz around her neck was created.

Ashley sighed as she got out of bed. She looked up at the ceiling. "F. R. I. D. A. Y, what's the time?"

"It is currently six fifty-four, Ms. Romanoff," the AI replied. Ashley sighed and shook her head. She looked to the door of her room. There was no way anyone else was awake, that any one else being Bucky. The only Avenger who would stay with her for a while, understanding her and being around her so she could get used to her new prosthetic hand. She sighed and got out of bed, hoping she would have a chance of having breakfast.

It was not easy for her. She had to get her hand crushed as she had to rip out the pieces left from the Infinity Stones, luckily S. T. A. R. K Industries was able to present a prosthetic hand, making her life slightly easy. Ashley lifted it from her nightstand, placing it on her stump as she went downstairs.