✧ Two | Chuuya ✧

Dazai left you in a state of mental disarray the moment he bid you farewell in the office he had given you. Your eyes stayed fixated on the door for several moments after it had closed, a tingling feeling surging through your hand and up the nerves in your arm from where he had touched, where he had kissed. Slowly, you held it in your other hand and tried to numb the foreign feeling with your own. 16 years and you had rarely ever felt the sensation of touch. But now with Dazai around, you felt bombarded with it.
Your heart beat sporadically against your chest, feeling a little disoriented, like when you climb something really high or get off of an amusement park ride. Because as alluring and charming as he was, part of him was also incredibly intimidating. You knew practically nothing about Dazai despite your prior knowledge of the Port Mafia. But after meeting him for the second time, and seeing a glimpse at just how dark and incomprehensible he could be, you knew that the jet black in the depths of his eyes was something constant even when he played a more lighthearted tune. There was much more to him than you could possibly imagine, and until you could fully understand him, you weren't sure if that thrilling sense of danger you got every time he was around would ever go away.
     But damn, was it thrilling.

     You felt kind of foolish for being entertained by his actions. But in the end, you lowered your gaze and pulled yourself out of your own head, instead looking around the room now that you had more time to observe it.
It was quite a mess, having a lived-in feel which made you wonder just how recently the other occupant had left it. You straightened out the couch cushions, and then looked at the coffee table. Despite the fact that it was covered in random junk, half of it you weren't sure if you wanted to move. The chess game was merely an array of small mix-matched items. But you felt like if you studied it long enough maybe you could figure out what your plan should have been earlier.
     You avoided that one section of the table, and straightened out the rest. Some papers were scattered, which you stacked neatly, and brought to the desk to place with the rest of the papers that were there. That detour led you to clean off the entire desk before returning to the coffee table, and in the midst of pulling away what you assumed were useless items, you quickly realized that the room lacked a trash bin.
A sigh escaped your lips, and you decided to designate a corner of the table for what you'd later throw away. Soon it was filled with wine corks, cigarettes, and random wrappers that you had found in drawers and on the shelves. An unopened pack of some nicer brand of smokes was sticking out from under the couch, and though you didn't usually smoke, you set them out on the table. Perhaps whoever they belonged to would be looking for them.

     By the time you finally felt somewhat organized, it was dark out, and you could barely see through the tint on the large glass windows. Fatigue settled in your body just from the day being so eventful. Maybe it was time for you to go home. But before you had the chance to completely make that decision, the door opened abruptly, and you jumped at the force of the sound, eyes shooting immediately to the entrance of the room.
You expected Dazai's tall frame to be standing there, not sure of the reason for his return, but surprisingly, you saw nothing at all in the area where Dazai's head would be. It wasn't until you looked downwards slightly that you realized the person standing there wasn't him, and whoever it was, they had frozen in their spot as they stared at you with a puzzled look.

     "Who the hell are you??"

You blinked a few times, frozen in your place as well as if it were an instinctual response to his behavior. You weren't sure how to respond, immediately feeling more timid as the male stormed into the room and closed in on you. You struggled to find any words at all, feeling like you had been caught red handed, when really you hadn't done anything wrong.
It wasn't long until his hand reached out to grab you. But immediately he paused, a look of confusion filling his tense expression for a moment as he couldn't touch you, before it quickly changed to something else. He pulled away just as quick.