Chapter XI: Old Rivalries (Part I)

May 2021

It has been three years after the Declaration. And every second passes, the world grew chaotic. It was not out of blue, it was pretty much expected. After all, the coming war is reaching close. "A War that will Devastate All", they said. And now, people have decided to take things into their own hands. Parts of the world became lawless, people grew violent toward one another. Riots occurred daily, clashes between groups of people, and looting are rampant. And it was all a means of their way to let out their frustration and fear.

It also goes for the people of the Sith Empire, but not in a way that is the same as others. While others were fueled by their frustration of being destroyed, they, however, were frustrated that the war is still about two years away. Matter of fact, many towns, and cities demonstrated, upon which they demand that the Empire wage war immediately. A call of arms spreads throughout the Empire. A Crusade, or Jihad, or anything that is similar rises in the Empire. They are thirsty for war, and they want it soon. Though, the demonstrators were lucky enough that what they stood goes along with the Empire's agenda.

Back in the world, the two sides of the Black Knights and the Sith Empire clashed in a series of skirmishes on their bordering territory. Even the battles of that size are catastrophic, much of them ended up in Sith Empire victory, with local towns and villages razed to the ground. One such skirmish is the Hainan Skirmishes, where Sith Empire landed upon the island and began to push the enemy gradually, on purpose. The Black Knights' forces give their all to push the Sith Empire but to no avail, they were routed in every encounter. The Sith Empire eventually took over control of the island, and ever since, commenced small-time skirmishes against the mainland.

°°°°°°

At Pendragon

The Palace of the Britannian Empire came back to life, as executive orders from the Emperor himself began to flow like an unstoppable stream as it was before the reveal of Vitae. Britannia, as of now, began to increase its military power. With Lelouch's burning willpower, he is determined to bring his lost, corrupted sister from the clutches of the power he considered evil the most, the Sith Empire.

"Contact all of our arms manufactures, I want them to increase the rate of our production." Said Lelouch. "I don't care what it'll cost us, just do it."

"My liege, the UFN contacted us regarding the preparation of the war." Said an aide. "They reported that they have begun fortifying bases per your orders. And now, they request for further orders."

"Pass an order to the Black Knights to increase their speed regarding recruitment. We need all hands on deck if we ever want to win against the Sith Empire." Said Lelouch. "How goes our effort to persuade what's left of the world?"

"According to the UFN High Council, they are currently making their way to persuade the independent nations of the remnant of West EU. As well as the Persian Coalition." Said an aide. "But unfortunately, they have achieved little progress. Due to the fear of the Sith Empire's wrath."

"Tch! Don't they see that the Sith Empire wants total war?! They think being neutral will help them, but they will be trampled anyways. Either by the Sith Empire, or us if either survived from the Sith Empire." Lelouch lashed annoyed. "How goes the production of Damocles?"

"The Damocles-class Sky Fortresses are on their way. They will be finished at the scheduled time." Said Jeremiah. "Along with the batches of upgraded Ikaruga-class, they will be done in time."

"Good. That Damocles-class and the Ikaruga-class are what we have that is strong enough to fight against the Sith Empire's Starships." Said Cornelia. "At least, our shielding will hold against their bombardment."