Zeldris's birthday

2 months later

Meliodas POV:
The day has finally arrived. My little brothers birthday.

"I can't wait to see his face when I give him this gift!" Meliodas thought out loud.

"And what gift might that be?" Someone said behind me.

I clear my throat and turn around, Cusack was behind me.

"He will most certainly like my gift more than yours" Cusack brags.

"Oh yeah, we'll see, and if he likes mine more, then I get to train him for a week!" I bet.

Cusack gasps."Oh it's on! If I win you have to leave Zeldris alone for a week!" Cusack bets back.

"DEAL!" We both say as we shake on it.

"Deal?"

Cusack and I turn around to see Zeldris.

"A deal for what?" He says innocently.

"Uhhh, happy birthday Prince Zeldris" Cusack smiles.

Forgetting about what just happened, Zeldris's face lit up with excitement.

"You remembered my BIRTHDAY!" Zeldris beamed throwing his hands in the air.

I kneel down for a hug. Zeldris jumps onto me for a big big hug.

I hear Cusack scoff and I smirk.

"This is gonna be the best birthday ever for you Zel" I smile warmly.

"What are we gonna do first?! Are we gonna tell dad so I can finally speak with him?!!" Zeldris squeals.

I go quiet and so does Cusack.

"Oh um.." Cusack says after a bit of silence.

"Zeldris....you know father doesn't...do that..." I say clasping Zeldris's shoulders.

He looks down.

"I know, I just thought on my birthday..he'd make time for me" Zeldris sighs.

Cusack and I looked at each other.

"Wait here Zeldris, we will be right back" Cusack says.

"Ok" Zeldris says as he sits down.

Cusack and I walk towards my fathers throne room door.2"This...could potentially get us killed" Cusack sighs.5"Who knows, maybe he is nice" I shrug but then we both start holding in a laugh.3

"Who am I kidding" I chuckle as I push the door open.

"What do you boys WANT" were the first words I heard as I took one step into the room.3

Cusack clears his throat.

"Sir, I'm certain you know what day it is today, and we were hoping that you would be willing to accompany Zeldris on his birthday" Cusack says respectfully with his hands behind his back.

"I'll pass, just tell him happy birthday" my father swats his hand at us signaling for us to leave but I wouldn't stand for it.7

"Father, be considerate of his feelings! At least speak with—"

"ENOUGH!!"

"I told you not to get too attached, look how soft in the head you've become! He's weakened you, and you dare raise your voice at ME?!!!"4

I look at the floor.

"We're done here"

Cusack sighs and leaves.

But I remain in the room.

"What kind of father are you" I say gritting my teeth and I walk out the door."Soft in the head huh, I'll show him. I'll kill the goddesses in cold blood" I scoff."Well at least we aren't dead" Cusack says,

"The least we can do is try to spend some quality time with Zeldris today"

I walk back to where Zeldris was seeing him dangling his feet from the chair he was sitting on just waiting for us to return.

"Brother! Your back!" He smiles as he jumps off his chair.

I look at him and pat his head.

"Father says happy birthday"