Chapter 9: A Stalemate

3rd POV

A portal appears above a large body of water, and out of this portal falls a shaken up Izumi. As Izumi was falling towards the water she wasn't thinking straight, she was afraid, and so she didn't activate her quirk until it was too late and face planted into the water, and once she was in the water, her fear only grew more as she saw multiple water themed villains surrounding her, she knew her quirk's weakness all too well, Psychokinesis users can't attack and defend at the same time, so when she saw the villains swimming towards her, she let her instincts take control and summoned a sphere shaped shield around her that kept the villains from turning her into fish food. Once she felt safe, she rose out of the water, shield still up, and looked around.

Izumi: I-I think this is the Shipwreck Zone?

She hadn't picked up on it yet, but she was breathing a lot faster than normal.

Izumi: I need to get over to the ship and... is that Asui and Mineta?

Flying over to the ship, she dropped her shield and landed on the ship as her suspicions were confirmed.

Izumi: Asui and Mineta! Thank God you're both safe!

Tsuyu: I told you to call me Tsu- Wait, Izumi are you ok? You're breathing faster than usual.

Izumi: I-I'm fine Asui- Tsu, I'm just a bit shaken up over all of this and... oh no...

Before Tsuyu or Mineta could react, Izumi dropped to her knees and was hyperventilating.

Tsuyu: Oh no, keep an eye on the villains Mineta! I'll try and calm Izumi down.

Mineta was almost in the same position as Izumi, but he did as he was told and kept himself together.

Tsuyu: Izumi! Listen to me, everything is gonna be ok, we're all gonna make it out of here alive, so just try and calm yourself.

Izumi clung onto Tsuyu, crying as she tried to control her breathing.

Izumi: Help *pant* m-me *pant* I-Izuku.

Tsuyu: Izuku?

Izumi: Where is *pant* my older brother? *pant* He'll know what to do, he always does!

Tsuyu: Izumi, you have to calm down, we can't start thinking of a plan otherwise.

Izumi: A plan? *pant* Plan, Izuku always had those in his...

Izumi quickly opened up one of the satchels on her belt and pulled out a notebook, one look of the notebook put Izumi at ease and helped her control her breathing. She gave the notebook a quick hug before flipping through it, she stopped on page fifty seven and quickly skimmed over it.

Izumi: Tsu, how far can you jump?

Tsuyu: Right now? Sixty feet comfortably, seventy if I'm pushing myself.

Izumi: Perfect. You're gonna need to push yourself for this jump since you'll be carrying both me and Mineta, but I'm sure we can make it.

Tsuyu: Umm, that idea is good and all, but what about the villains?

Closing her notebook, Izumi gave Tsuyu an assuring smile.

Izumi: I've got that covered. Oh, and tell Mineta to use his quirk on the villains once we're in the air.

With a confident smile on her face, Izumi put her notebook away and leaped off the boat with her palm outstretched towards the water.

Izumi: Kankyō saigai: Wārupūru!