Chapter 11: Unravelling The Past

3rd POV

A day had passed since the attack on the U.S.J, and the damage had done more than just physically and mentally harm U.A's students and teachers, the school itself was going under heavy criticism from news outlets all across Japan, but for a certain veteran pro hero, the news of this attack wasn't the only thing that had reached him.

Toshinori: Greetings. The air is warm here, feels like summer is just around the corner. As for you, sir, I hope this letter finds you well. This semester me and Inko took positions as teachers at U.A high school, and yes you read that right, we're now guiding the next generations of heroes. When applying for the roles, our hopes were that we'd be able to continue to help Izumi improve her control over Psychokinesis and OFA, she's doing well at adapting to the shift in power Psychokinesis has taken due to OFA's effects, but as for OFA itself... her body, while still strong enough to carry the quirk, can't take the backlash of using 100% of it's power, but fortunately this hasn't stopped her from continuing to try and find ways to use it in conjunction with her original quirk while we try and figure out ways to nullify the backlash. I know you said that there were better candidates to inherit OFA, including Izuku, and frankly I agree, but ever since the day we lost him, Izumi has had a fire in her eyes, one that I haven't seen from an aspiring hero in a long time, she's constantly pushing herself past her limits to improve herself wether it be physically, or mentally! And during the attack on the U.S.J, she showed her selflessness and heroic instinct by protecting Endeavor's kids and myself, taking an attack from a very powerful villain and then sacrificing her arms to try and stop said villain. I'd comment more about the U.S.J, but... I'm not ready to, the things that happened in that building yesterday would leave a lot of heroes scarred for life, never mind a bunch of students, and the fact that my colleagues got hurt while I was being taken to safety by another colleague makes me feel even more guilty... and as for Inko... she's not in good shape, and wether or not she'll wake up soon is undecided... sir, I'm going to be honest, there is a part of me that wants to KILL that villain, it reminds me of the incident with Nana... I'll stop now before I snap this pencil in half. I'll leave this update at this, I'm still quite new to the role of instructor, and it's going to get even more difficult without Inko around to help, so the day may come when I must trouble you, my old teacher for advice, I'll be counting on your wisdom and patience when that time comes. Until then, please take care of yourself as the seasons begin to change, and I'll continue to keep you updated about what's happening, sincerely yours.

The old man reading the letter finally put it down and got to thinking.

???: 'So the runt isn't as bad as I thought, huh? I guess I'll have to make that decision myself, won't I, Toshinori?'

Night falls on Japan, and a meeting was held by the uninjured Nezu and Present Mic, detective Tsukauchi, and the pro heroes who showed up at the last minute to try and stop the masked villain.

Endeavor: Miruko! How the hell do you know that villain?!

The rabbit hero, while normally very bouncy with a 'Always-up-for-it' personality mixed with hot sauce, seemed visibly upset, almost depressed.

Miruko: Put a sock in it. Turns out I don't know him as much as I thought I did.

Tsukauchi: ... If it's any consolation, she isn't lying.

Hearing this, Miruko's ears somehow flattened out even more than before.