3

The meeting schedules today for Kazuha went exceptionally well. It may very well be the amount of work gone into the layout and dedication that went into their quarter of the company but it was more of his precise presentation of their quarter sales than anything else. Carefully explained details, renovated design for their product, thoughtfully written manuscript, major improvements to the product in just 2 weeks was amazing for Kazuha's quarter. 

Only Kazuha knew it was Scaramouche who helped him relieve his mountain high of stress for such excellent performance.

Kazuha's boss whispered to him, telling Kazuha to meet him after the meeting. Of course, Kazuha did not dare refuse. 

As the other quarters presented their monthly evaluation, Kazuha laid back; the rare sunlight of Japan cast onto his silhouette, making almost anyone who laid eyes on him believe he was practically the perfect human to have ever existed. His eyes started to droop, and before he knew it, he was suddenly awakened by the clapping and cheering after the last quarter had made their presentation and thus finished the meeting. 

"Ahem," boss cleared his throat, ready to speak, "Congratulations on every quarter, I expect more to come from everyone next month." after announcing, he lifted his eyebrow while looking at Kazuha, signaling him to come to him after taking everything he needs. 

After piling everything he brought to the meeting into one big stack of documents, he carried everything in his arms, scurrying to his boss. 

"Yes, Mr. Kencho?" Kazuha greeted his boss, Mr. Kencho. 

"Your quarter has done unbelievably well in the past two weeks, hadn't you noticed this?" Mr. Kencho asked Kazuha, Of fucking course, Mr. Kencho. He's been up so many nights just sending emails and reviewing documents alone, no wonder his quarter has been doing so well.

"Haha, no, Mr. Kencho. I've just been doing whatever I can to help our quarter."  Kazuha lied, No, I've been working my ass off for the past two weeks, Mr. Kencho. Can't you see my dark circles under the pounds of makeup I put on? But instead of revealing his thoughts, he kept them well hidden, he'd do absolutely anything to keep his internal conversation from being heard by Mr. Kencho. 

"No need to be modest, Kaedehara. Seeing how hard you have worked, I've decided to give your quarter the rest of the day off. No work needed to be handed in, rest yourselves up." Mr. Kencho laughed, amused at his modest denial of what's obviously obvious. 

"Really? Mr. Kencho?" Kazuha asked in disbelief, he must've heard wrongly. Rest of the day off? No, he must've said something else, like 'work harder, young boy, future awaits.' 

"Yes, you heard me right, m'boy. Now go pack your bags and have a nice rest." His eyes widened in disbelief. Finally! Oh finally after countless days of perpetual torture was he able to earn his merit of half a day off from Mr. Kencho himself. He smiled as he thanked Mr. Kencho. 

Running back to his quarter he avidly announced to all his coworkers to take their bags and leave this hell of a firm, and congratulated them for all their hard work these two weeks; although deep down, he knows he's the only one who had stayed up until 4 am sending out emails to different clients about their orders. 

There were cheers and hoorays, some were already so eager to pack their workbags and say goodbye, while Kazuha just smiled and leaned beside the glass door frame of their quarter. Everyone was just so happy to have half a day off on a wonderful Friday, when the sun shined brighter than it had ever been; seemingly congratulating them for a two-week-long effort.

"THANK YOU, MR. KAEDEHARA!" he was forcibly pulled away from his own thoughts when a choir of people spoke his name in unison, thanking him for his guidance the past two weeks.