13

I just found the PERFECT MUSIC for this book check it out PLS HOLY SHIT ITS SO GOOD 
(Sorry not sorry for ruining the atmosphere)

He'd survived the first week without Scaramouche. 

You could call it an achievement, but the amount of willpower to not return to the same bar he'd ended up in multiple nights was immeasurable. Overworking was the only medium to which he'd keep Scaramouche appearing less and less in his mind. Sometimes, it stressed him more than it should. More than an achievement, he'd rather call it fulfilling orders. Nothing was worth praising and being optimistic about forcing his life without Scaramouche. Pursuing on with everyday lives was a breeze when Scaramouche was with him. But without him, he feels like he's pushing around a ten-thousand-pound weight every day.

He started talking to Mina more, which she is delighted upon realizing. Although he never wanted to do so himself, he wanted to lie to himself about catching feelings for Mina once again. It's like hitting two birds with one stone; fixing up his past mistake and solving a crucial issue. The thought of it seduced him. He would do absolutely anything to keep Scaramouche out of his reach, even if it meant lying to himself.

Although he can never see Mina the same way again, he sometimes would try picturing Mina with Scaramouche's face; making it easier to become loosened up around her. On one hand, you could call it a feasible solution. On the other hand, Mina's more of a replacement for his undying unrequited love for Scaramouche; a less perfect version of him.

His thoughts drifted to the story his mother had told him about his father, he remembers it like a stuck-up nail. He remembers vividly when his mother explained how she felt like a replacement for the girl his father once fantasized over; a less perfect version of her. He feels an inexplicable similarity between him and his father's ordeals, and he's not so sure he likes the pattern he's seeing.

Grunting, he rose from the comfort of his sofa. Fetching his phone out of instinct, he texted Mina, asking her out for dinner tonight. He's doing everything he can to make Mina feel right at home. He's doing everything he can to persuade Mina to flirt with him. Flirt with him until he forgets reality, until he forgets Scaramouche.

Sending out his message, a notification appeared on his screen followed up by a signature "Ding!" going off. He checked the sender, which is, surprisingly, Kenta. 

He was so engrossed in checking the sender name that he hadn't successfully skimmed through the entirety of his text, leaving questions left unanswered. He exited his and Mina's messages and clicked open Kenta's; eager to read what Kenta had to say to him.

"Pick ur manz up, I can't handle him whining anymore." The text read, left a puzzled Kazuha.

So he replied, "Whom might be Manz?"

"Ur manz Scaramouche, Kazuha." Kenta responded,

"Thou might need one for...?"

"He's been constantly on my nerves for the last week, almost had to put him in solitary confinement if he continues. I figured if even I can't calm his ass down the next best choice would be to call u." 

"One's afraid one cannot make such rash decision to show up." Kazuha responded before shutting off his phone, an image of Scaramouche appeared in his mind once again; the face he had tried so hard to suppress. 

A string of "Ding!" followed closely after, encouraging Kazuha's curiosity to get the best of him. Naturally, he could not remain oblivious of the situation.