"Congratulations"

Season 1 Episode 2, 33:20

My eyelids felt so heavy on my eyes, calling this exhaustion wouldn't even live up to the feeling I was currently feeling. Thankfully, I pulled myself together in the locker room because I only had an hour left before I can go home, I mean go to my hotel room.

I brushed my teeth at the same time as George as we both used the two sinks in the locker room. I turned my head to see him flash a smile filled with toothpaste. I felt my mouth tiredly pull into a smile as well, as I knew he was doing this to make me feel better from our long day.

Meanwhile, Izzie and Alex got stuff from there lockers, Christina stayed sprawled out on the bench too tired to get refreshed just yet and Meredith was still in the operating room.

"I need a drink, a man, or a massage." Yang whined as she didn't budge from her spot. "Or a drunken massage by a man."

"You know what I need." I spat out my toothpaste and cleaned the brush. "Rest."

I turned my head once more to see George pouting this time. His kind smile had disappeared. "You okay, George?"

"I lost five patients on the code team today."

Christina sat up to finally get ready to leave. "George, 95% of all code patients can't be revived. Most of them are seriously dead before you even get there."

"What?" George looked at her through the mirror then walked over to the lockers with toothpaste all over his mouth. "Why didn't you tell me that when I was going on and on about how great it was gonna be?"

"Because.." Christina said closing her locker. "You're George and I'm Christina."

George and I watched her walk out. I could tell that he was hurt but the toothpaste was really bugging me so, I grabbed on his scrub shirt and lifted it to his mouth to remove it.

"Matilda." He whined pulling his shirt back down, I giggled at his child like reaction and walked out.

---------------------------

"The results of your labs are clean." Christina declared to the last patients we had left.

"The tumor is benign. You can go home today." I smiled happily at the good news I was giving.

The patients husband also looked very happy as he ran over to embrace me and Christina in a hug but we moved away so he ended up grabbing Alex instead. I sent the boy a sarcastic smile on the way out.

"Congratulation." I called out to the patient for the last time today.

~At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made.~

------------------------------

I found myself back at the nursing room, looking through the glass at the babies with my head resting on the glass. Christina, Meredith, George and Izzie also companied me before we decided to go home. 

"Okay, fine." Meredith spoke still facing the babies. "George, Izzie and Matilda, you can move into the house."

I removed my head from the glass and stared at her in shock. George punched his fists in the air excitedly and Izzie shouted: "I can't believe you caved!"

We were all so excited from the news that all we could do is shout YES! when we made our way to the locker rooms for one last time before leaving.

I was happy to say, tonight will be my last night in a lonely hotel room. 

~So, you can waste your life drawing lines... or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines... that are way too dangerous to cross. Here's what I know,~

I walked out of the building, throwing my arm around George and Izzie laughing at Christina for almost slipping on the wet cement outside. Meredith quickly joined us as she laughed along.

~If your willing to take the chance... the view from the other side... is spectacular.~