Chapter one, Tea.

The steam rose into Hatter's face, as he was shaping a brand-new hat. "This is the one, I just know it." He said, as he went and got a gold ribbon. He tied on the ribbon, and arranged a set of majestic white feathers to match. The hat was a deep purple, and had a boulder shape. The gold ribbon went from wide to thinner across the front of the hat, and was clasped on with a golden button with a blue glass gem in the middle. "Perfect." He said, looking at his finished hat. He admired it, and thought how his vision had come out exactly in his work. After a long hardworking year, he had finally finished it. As he set the hat aside, someone knocked on the door. Hatter walked over and opened it, and it was his farther.

"How are you getting on with the new hat my son?" Mr. Hightopp asked.

"I just finished it farther, come in and you can see." Mr. Hightopp followed Hatter into his work space, and showed him the new hat. "It's perfect." He agreed.

-

"It's over. Don't call me again. Don't even look at me again... you've done enough." Alice whispered to Cray. Her now former fiancée. His hands dropped from her shoulders as she turned away. Alice couldn't look at him. Not anymore. She used to stare into his emerald eyes, as if it were a forest hiding himself from the world. But she could see through it. Without saying a word, he walked out of her house. Slamming the front door. Alice ran to her bedroom, got a pillow and screamed into it. 'How could he?' She thought. "How could HE..." she said, tears softly falling onto her dress. The dress she picked out for their date tonight. The blue colour that was so rare. With a huge white ribbon around it. The dress he crafted for her. With his love for her. Only to find out that she would be burned by his fire.

Alice got changed, washed her face and wept silently. Her mother had knocked gently on the door and dropped in some hot vegetable soup for her. Alice didn't feel like eating but appreciated the gesture. Alice felt like she was lost. Not like she feels in Wonderland, knowing exactly how the story will go, but a feeling of emptiness of not knowing where to go. She had lost the person who she would marry. All because he wanted another. The man she fell in love with turned out to be a boy who was greedy, and selfish. Alice just wanted to run from this feeling. She knew it wouldn't be fixed. So instead, she thought of her safe space. Wonderland. What the queens would be up to now, about how Hatter, Cheshire, the dormouse and the march hare would be having tea this very minute. How the Hightopp's would be in the safe care of the White Queen after having rescued them. As Alice thought and thought about Wonderland. The more she thought the more she wanted to return.

"If only Wonderland would be real. To live there forever." She said, and walked from her bed over to her window.

"Who's to say it's not real?" a familiar voice said.

"Hatter?" Alice turned around and saw him standing in her room.

"I seem to have found myself in a rather strange situation." He said furrowing his eyebrows, "Oh, you have been crying... what's wrong?" Hatter said no more as he watched Alice fall apart and cry once more. He opened his arms, and walked closer to her. She stepped forward and hugged him. "My dear Alice..." He whispered, as he felt her body relax. The smell of Hatter was home for her. A home she couldn't stay in, but no matter how bitter sweet it was, she enjoyed the few happy moments.

Alice sniffed, and stayed in his arms for a moment. One moment that Alice wants to stay in forever. "I have missed you so much." She whispered. Sniffing again, she pulled back from the hug. Her mother's influence in her mind about being ladylike in the presence of anyone. "I am perfectly alright, just going through a hard time. How did you get here?" She moved the conversation on, and was glad that Hatter followed.

"I opened the door, and it led me here. I'm not certain were, but here I am."

Alice laughed a little, "we seem to be standing in my bedroom." She admitted.

"Oh well I am ever so sorry."

"No, please don't apologise, you have come at the right time. I was in need of a friend."

"Are you sure there isn't anything I can do?" Hatter asked, looking deeply into the eyes of his mysterious Alice.

"No, I'm afraid you can't. Just you being here is enough to make me feel better." Alice replied, and saw Hatter was going deep into his own thoughts. His bold green eyes changing, reflecting his mood.

"Well, what a world of good it will do for you if we just stepped right through that door that I came through right back to wonderland where we can see our greatest friends and have tea with them. For example, we can invite the march hare, the dormouse, Bayard, and many of our other friends like the write rabbit, cheshire, the tweedles—"

"Hatter!" Alice smiled.

"Tweedles..." He finished and shook his head, "Thank you..."

"I would love to be in wonderland again, but I live here. I belong here. If I go back, I just might not return."

"But Alice, what if you came with me, back to Wonderland. I'm sure seeing everyone will make you feel much more muchly."

"To be in wonderland again..." Alice whispered, "Okay. But if we don't leave now I—" Alice couldn't finish her sentence, she didn't want to spoil this moment with her recent tragedy.

Hatter's eyes glowed with colour, "Well we don'thave a moment to lose." He smiled widely seeing that Alice was looking happier.Alice followed Hatter through the door to Underland, and she emerged justoutside of Hatters' house shaped like a hat. "Just as I remember..." Alice saidto herself, and smiled.

-

End of chapter.

-

Note from the author-

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! I can't wait to see your thoughts in the comments. :)