Chapter four, Queen

After saying goodbye to Mr.Hightopp, Alice and Hatter strolled through the fields to the White Queen's castle. As Alice approached, she saw the White Queen. The Queen looked stressed, confused and oddly messy. Her hair was out of place, and her dress was scuffed. Getting cold feet before a wedding, as Hatter said, was normal. But Alice never imagined something as bad as this...

"The wedding is off. I can't do this..." The Queen was muttering to herself, pacing back and forth outside of her palace. The building still held all of its glory, but her being out of place made it seem less... majestic.

"Please slow down Mirana, what is the matter?" Alice asked, approaching her to make her stop pacing.

"Slow down? However am I meant to do that? Alice, I can't go through with this. It's just frightening." The Queen shook her head and walked away from Alice into the back gardens. Alice followed, her shoes echoing in the quietness of the castle. The grand walls were beginning to crack, but there was no time to fix that. The bride was about to back out of her wedding.

"Please, listen to me. It's normal to be scared about getting married for the first time. Just think about how happy you'll be after your married to the man you love?" Alice tried reasoning, thinking about her relationship that had recently ended. The worst part of it all, was that Alice still had feelings for that man. The betrayer. She couldn't just kill her heart. It was normal to love.

"Your right Alice, but there's something more... I can't tell anyone. But I'm to scared to face it."

"I might be able to help you more if I knew?" Alice asked, thankful Hatter didn't follow them and stayed in the castle.

"I'm... I have... you see it's that-" The White Queen started, but was stopped in her tracks by a man coming over and kissing her on the cheek. Alice, not wanting to intrude uninvited, politely greeted him.

"Darling, this is Alice, the girl I was telling you about. Although, she seems to have grown into the politest woman these days. Alice, this is my soon to be husband, Cray." After hearing this, Alice froze in her tracks. How could her ex fiancée seem to have come into Wonderland. This was not right.

Alice acted polite, and introduced herself to Cray. Seeing his face, that same distraughtly face was all she needed as a reminder of her love, and hate. "Nice to meet you Cray... I'm Alice." She took in every feature of him, his amber eyes. His dark hair, and perfect nose.

"Nice to meet you Alice, your face... it looks familiar. We should catch up soon." He handed out his hand, and Alice shook it politely.

"Marina, you were about to have a private discussion with me. Shall we go somewhere else?" Alice asked, and Cray stepped back.

"No need, I'll go. See you soon, my wife to be." He kissed the White Queen on the cheek, and then swiftly walked to the palace. The walls once again rumbled.

"Please tell me what's going on..." Alice encouraged Marina, and she just shook her head. She whispered very closely to Alice's ear,

"He will hear us." Alice nodded, so she took The White Queen away from the palace. They strolled past the courtyard, and out into the fields.

"He won't here." Alice encouraged, "what is troubling you? Do you think Cray will... elope?"