Chapter five, Time

"Yes... there- there might be another woman who he's seeing. I'm scared it will be my sister. They have never met. So, I don't understand why he would be seeing her." Alice once again was shocked. How could this happen to The White Queen? It had already happened to her, and yet it followed her into the place she loved. How cliché. Alice hated it. So much.

"This can't happen to you Marina. I won't let it happen. Maybe if I found out some extra information for you, we can put this whole issue behind us."

"That would be perfect Alice. Thank you so much." Then the queen elegantly strolled alongside Alice across the filed and back into the castle. She was settled once again. Now it was time for Alice to do some digging. She decided to start with Hatter, find him first. He can help her with this issue.

"You don't happen to know where Hatter is?" Alice asked Bayard, he had run with his pack into the castle grounds. They all barked, and it echoed through the empty walls.

"I saw him walking back into the castle to find something." He said, looking past his shoulder to Hatter.

"Thank you Bayard." Alice speed walked towards Hatter, having lots on her mind. She carried on walking past the rumbling halls, and past many rooms. She thought that he'd be in the room at the end, as she'd been checking them one by one but there was no Hatter to be found. She thought and thought, until she actually ran into someone... Cray.

"Ow!" he said, as they ran into each other.

"Sorry..." Alice admitted, it was her error as she was distracted with the walls of the palace.

"It's ok. Hey, it's you. Why don't we have a drink later? We can catch up."

"Oh, sorry I'm rather busy trying to find Hatter at the moment."

"He's just down the hall."

"...Thanks." Alice was so confused as to why he knew exactly where Hatter was, had he just been speaking to him? She let it go, and walked down to Hatter.

"Alice!" he said, as she walked in the room. He was in the clock room. There were many clocks, watches and timers in there. Scattered all over the walls, windows and even the ceiling.

"Hatter, I must speak with you about something," She stopped as she saw Hatter adjusting a clock, then another and another. He was making a pattern with them, making them all different times.

"Hatter, what are you doing?" She asked him.

"I have a theory, Time himself should get annoyed and be here very soon..." He said to her, but Alice couldn't understand it.

"Hatter, there are many more important things than clocks and Time right now, both the White Queen and I fear that Cray will... elope. That he's been seeing the Red Queen." At the mention of her name, Hatter froze.

"Down with the bloody big head." He said in his Scottish accent.

"Hatter, you must listen to me. We have to do something." Alice pleaded, she feared he would push this matter behind him.

"Alice, I am doing something. I am calling Time to come here, come on Time." He said, adjusting more clocks. But Time, himself, had not appeared yet. Nothing had happened.

"Hatter, what did Cray talk to you about?" Alice tried, she had to at least get him to listen to her.

"He wanted a hat... made by his best man." Hatter stopped, and he turned around to look at Alice. "Alice, I've been following him. He's been seeing every girl in the kingdom. We need to tell Marina, but we need more... time. Yet, he hasn't decided to show."

"We can do this by ourselves, we have plenty of time... but Cray, he's been seeing others? How awful. In fact, he even asked me to have a drink with him!" Alice walked around the room, she noticed that the clocks started to spin ever so slightly. Hatter looked disappointed, "I said no, but I'm saying he is interested in me." Alice confirmed.

"Alice, 12 hours isn't enough... I know we need at least something to go from, before we can reveal this information to the White Queen. Time has the very answer."

Alice smiled, "Your right, no we just have to wait... for Time to pass." Hatter laughed, just as he did the walls crumbled some more, the clocks started to spin and wonderland turned from day to night to day, the sun came and went and the walls of the palace were barely holding on. Then in the presence of himself, Time appeared.

He looked around, and blinked a few times. He was wearing his long cape, and he looked at the clocks around him. A few seconds were also following behind, and of course Wilkins. "What a mess, who did this." He shook his head, and proceeded to change the clocks to the correct time in Wonderland. "You must be joking..." he chuckled to himself, " I told you to never come back."

"As it appears, you have come to us." Alice smiled, aware she was breaking no rules. She looked over to Hatter, who in return looked back at Time.

"No!" He said rather loudly, "I'm not risking breaking wonderland so you mortals can stop a wedding. I have enough to do as it is." Time said, pacing around the room and adjusting the final clock to where it was before. Making every single one identical.

"Please Time, we need your help because Wonderland will fall either way." Alice pointed out.

"Why do you tell me these things?" Time asked, looking at Alice.

"The White Queen is being cheated on by her fiancée, and she's due to be married tomorrow." Alice said.

"I called you here because we need to stop the wedding, but we don't have information to go from. We need to see a trigger, or a past memory to make Marina stop and think." Hatter said.

"I can't help you, I've already wasted enough of me here. Wilkins! We are going back." Time clicked his fingers, and the seconds started searching for a way out.

"Please Time, just something!" Alice asked, stepping toward him.

Time rolled his eyes, "Get Cray to confess, he's a really bad liar." And then he waited by a grand clock to leave. He stood there for about 5 seconds before getting impatient, "Wilkins! Enough wasting me, we have work to do." He said.

"Right, Seconds open up the clock, After you sir." Wilkins said, and they followed the seconds into an opening of a grand clock, it was near the floor, but they seemed to shrink accordingly.

-

Authors note: Hi everyone! I really hope you are enjoying the fanfic so far. I tried to make this chapter a bit longer due to my updates being a while apart. However, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this fanfic so far, so make sure to leave a comment! I will read them all ;)

Have a great day guys, @coco_writerr